“Fabulous food”
Review of Restaurant Severn

Restaurant Severn
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our desire is to bring to our customers the best produce, sourced locally where possible in an interesting way using modern techniques. Our food is a mixture of modernised British classics and our interpretation of some wonderful European dishes. We've brought a range of wines from Europe and the wider world to give our diners a truly memorable experience. Whether a special occasion or "just because" we hope you enjoy your experience with us and look forward to serving you.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We visited Restaurant Severn in March when staying two nights in Ironbridge. It came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. The menu offers a 3-course meal (we ate on a Saturday evening), with plenty of wonderful choices - we all found it very hard to choose. The food was all beautifully presented and tasted delicious. The staff were friendly and regularly checked whether we needed more water, drinks or whether our food was OK. Would definitely recommend if you visit Ironbridge, but you should book as only a small restaurant.

Visited March 2013
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Jeakel Thank you so much for your really nice review ,I also read your review of The Library house and was pleased you enjoyed your stay so much & Lizzie looked after you so well, many of her guests make the very short walk across the road to us.You don't mention The Library house's permanent resident (Fizz the dog!) but I'm sure you would have been introduced!. Thank you again & hope you revisit Ironbridge & us again soon . Eric & Beb chef patrons.

Telford, United Kingdom
“Simply the BEST,better than all the rest”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I travelled a long way to this restuarant!I live next door.There is no other restuarant which comes lose to this one.The visit was a birthday experience for my partner Beth.I thought I knew what to expect but the chefs and staff excelled themselves.The look on Beth's face has each course was presented,tasted,and eaten was exquisite.We have both eaten in restuarants were the food was exceedingly expensive but nowhere near the quality and taste.The hands on but very minimal waiting on is something other restuarants could learn from.The look on Beth's face when her surprise birthday cake complete with candle was escorted into the room being seranaded by the customers is sometning I will never forget.Exceedingly good food and wine with excellent service in a unique restuarant.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Graham H . Thank you for your super review I know you are a very talented photographer but I suspect in your personality there is also a singer songwriter trying to come out based on the title of your review!! Thank you as well for choosing us as the venue for your special occasion living next door to us it must be tempting to go further afield, back in the nineties I was chef at the Tower Thistle hotel tower bridge London and confess I never once visited the Tower of London ! Thanks again & hope you both revisit soon. Eric & Beb.
“Can see why it's number one”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good food prepared with passion. What more could you want?

Staff were a little bit too enthusiastic/attentive for my liking. Felt they were in a little hurry for us to make our choices etc, but there was no need - we had the table for the whole eve.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tripperjohns
Dear TripperJohns Thank you very much for your nice review sorry you felt a little hurried to order, as you rightly say the table is yours for the night however our housekeeping policy is to try to take orders in the sequence guests arrive that then follows through their meal course by course if several tables arrive around the same time we do try to take orders quite quickly so you don't' wait too long for starters etc, if you want a break between courses or have a drink before going to the table it is not a problem it just means we move you a couple of places along our check board hope this explains & the girls out front are always accommodating of requests. Thank you again & please revisit soon. Eric & Beb chef patrons.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must to visit!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I cannot believe I haven't visited this restaurant before only living 10 minutes away, this was an absolute diamond. Picked out for me for a romantic meal from this very website I was not left disappointed! The service I experienced here was second to none. A personal hello from the chef and a 'can't do enough for you' attitude left us with smiles all round.
The food was very flavourful and perfect portion size, the menu was clear and exciting although just slightly limited as there was no chicken option but a few fish options.
The price was very reasonable and certainly includes the fantastic service and atmosphere.
With a complimentary liquor thrown in at the end of a lovely evening we will definitely be back!

1 Thank MadBurrows
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Madburrows Thank you for re submitting? your review tripAdvisor had taken it down as you initially gave us a 5 star review but mentioned that in error you had ticked the boxes for terrible food, service ,value& atmosphere and could not adjust them, I'm not quite sure if the current score is what you wanted either as the rating is now reduced to 4 stars with value only average & you do say how reasonable we were ? . perhaps tripAdvisor have changed the rating themselves?. Thank you though for all your positive comments.Re chicken we rarely put it on the menu as when we do it is our least popular choice perhaps due to customers wanting to try different dishes to that which they cook at home ?, we are always happy to accommodate requests and should you book again we could make sure an chicken option was on the menu . Thank you once more hope you revisit soon Eric & Beb chef patrons.
Stroud
“The place to eat in Ironbridge”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lovely restaurant, we were made to feel very welcome. Our food was excellent, particuarly the codling wrapped in a salmon fillet. My raspberry panacotta was to die for! Would definitely go back there next time.

Visited March 2013
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Johnnyboyng Thank you for your very nice review and compliments re your meal we hope you revisit us soon. thank you again Eric & Beb chef patron.