“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Ironbridge B&B and Inns
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bed and breakfast very good spacious room which was clean and tidy. Breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. Also had a meal in the restaurant which was also good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiplingbear

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner recently visited the Meadow Inn and were really happy with the lovely warm welcome we received. We took advantage of steak meal deal and were very happy with the quality of the food! Great atmosphere, lovely service- we will definitely be visiting again!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J C
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Meadow Inn last year and dined in the restaurant, it was a wonderful experience. I was excited to be going back again. I was quite shocked when I read the recent reviews, as I never experienced any problems on my last visit.

Thankfully I ignored the recent bad reviews and decided to there for another visit, I was not dissapointed, I had a wonderful stay, Steve and Sue the managers were very helpful at all times, I found the staff were always polite and willing to help out.

The Monday grill night is amazing value 2 meals and a bottle of wine for £25.

Overall accommodation and food top marks, will be returning in the summer for my 3rd visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LindaD1965
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a birthday celebration at the Meadow Inn I can't speak highly enough of the amazing welcome and hospitality we received. The staff certainly knew how to make us feel special. All steaks cooked to perfection my husband said it was the best he'd ever had. Highly recommend we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sinclair122
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Management are rude and a could nt care attitude, you can get a better quality of meal for alot less priced at other establishments in Telford with a smile. Overal poor service and quality would not visit again, or recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I went to a friends surprise 40th.there were 29 in our party + we had all pre ordered our meals the week before so that they would be brought out at 8.15.. the starters came out at 8.45 + some people didnt get their mains until 9.45...
There was food missing off some plates .a few people asked for specific things left off their plate due to allergies but they still came with offending food on plates...very dangerous. Food that was ordeted medium came out well done , some was even inedible.
we even ordered a specific meal for a young lad with autism but the meal was wrong resulting in a very distressed child + all the manager could muster up was ..." well what do you want me to do about it" .he was arrogant,rude + wasnt prepared to do anything even though we all had complaints.
Steer clear..crap communication between staff.rude manager.
DONT TOUCH WITH BARGEPOLE...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kastay1
Shropshire
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Having met up with various friends here over the past couple of years we have always enjoyed the experience. However, today's lunch can only be described as 'poor'. The starters were the best bit, although a slice of 'medium sliced white bread' with them was a surprise.
The fish had 'soggy' batter and the 'pie of the week' which was Shepherd's pie was covered with a skimming of mash. I don't want a pile of chips on the side to make up for it. I appreciate that it was a two course meal for £9.95 but that was the only menu we saw.
We enjoyed meeting up with friends but won't be back here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends