“A locals pub but worth a visit!”
Review of Horse and Jockey

Horse and Jockey
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Boston, England, United Kingdom
“A locals pub but worth a visit!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We phoned to book a table here whilst in the area as we liked the sound of the other reviews.

First thing that was odd was that we walked in and the landlady told us to sit where we liked. The pub wasn't full but it made me wonder if the booking had actually been noted!

We agreed straight away with other reviewers that this is a locals pub and in dire need of decorating. However, don't let this put you off as the food really was homely and delicious.

I had cheesy garlic ciabatta to start and it really was very tasty. I can't for the life of me remember what the wife had but she had no complaints!

For main I had a mixed grill and the wife had the homemade pie which made a lasting impression on her!

We didn't have desserts but the bill came to around £35 for two starters, two mains and two pints, so not too bad.

What I would say about this place is 'don't judge a book by it's cover'...

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris B

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great night”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a great night on Saturday 8thMarch .We both ordered the sirloin steak ,which was cooked to perfection .The barmaid and the chef (the Ownner)made us both very welcome as did Max and Beau . Unfortunately the restaurant was fully booked on Sunday ,otherwise we would have eaten here again .We would certainly recommend anyone to eat here especially if like to eat without a T.V. Distracting you whilst eating .Bob and Jean.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Robert R
Telford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service in a small traditional pub setting.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have eaten Sunday lunch here on several recent occasions. The pub is not fancy but the service is very friendly by the husband and wife team and all the dishes are notably consistent & flavoursome. The prices are very competitive but without quality being sacrificed. The food puts many supposedly posher places to shame. Well recommended and we are returning very soon.

• Visited February 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Still wonderful!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Thanks a lovely dinner tonight. Being a Friday night the H and J was busy and we managed to get the last table. Pork, date and apricot tagine was wonderful- how the chef manages these flavours I don't know. The bitter chocolate pudding, served in my case with custard was out of this world. (My wife is not a pudding lover but said she could have eaten all of mine!) Very friendly staff and pleasant locals make you welcome. Dog and child friendly.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went on a weekend evening with my family aged from 12 to 76.

The food was excellently prepared the service brilliant, and all in the surrounding of a clean quaint old English pub that is slightly hidden away.

This is the first time that I have really enjoyed a meal out in the local area in the 20 years I have been visiting my family in Telford .

• Visited January 2014