“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Horse and Jockey

Horse and Jockey
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I have for sometime found it a challenge to find a Sunday lunch in Telford that is of good quality and at a fair price. My experience is that food tends to be low price and not very good quality or better quality but more expensive than it should be. However the Horse and Jockey fits the bill very well. We went for a family (2 kids aged 16 and 4) lunch on a Sunday. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The service is prompt and efficient. The food is very good quality and more than enough of it too. We each had a main course and a dessert and the bill came to £40 which is pretty reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank andy9719049

Upper Penn, null, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We visited the Horse and Jockey today for sunday lunch and it was absolutely gorgeous. We arrived at 3pm where we had missed the lunch time rush. My husband and I chose the three courses for £11.50 each, which was value for money.

My husband wanted the black pudding and poached egg, unfortunately they ran out, but the waitress gave an option of two other starters, my husband told her surprise him, and when his starter arrived, he had a mixture of the two recommended starters. I settle for the breaded mushrooms which was lovely.

The sunday roasts was on of the best lunches we had for a while. I a mixture of beef and pork and my husband had, beef, pork and ham. Again no complaints, the vegetables came out in a side dish and we was given a choice of sauces.

Pudding was to die for, I had the peanut butter cheesecake, I would highly recommend and my husband had a tiramissu cheesecake which he enjoyed too.

The food was well presented, and hot on the plate, our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Yes we will visit again. If you want value for money on a meal out and lovely home cooked food, the Horse and Jockey is the place to be

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Gemma B
Par, United Kingdom
“good home cooked food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

good home cooked food, friendly staff ,very good service, olde worrldy pub like they used to be ,plenty of seating in comfortable surroundings

• Visited July 2013
Broseley
“Fathers Day & Birthday Treat”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

good food staff were friendly & menu varied will certainly use again as we only live just over the river & have done for 30+ years we have only been once but we will certainly call again our nephew who booked this venue travelled up from Falmouth for the weekend to see his parents & took them for Fathers Day & us for our Birthday I would recommend the Horse & Jockey to any person wishing to find a reliable place to eat
((( Tony Broseley)))

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tony E
Kent
“Excellent, traditional public house”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We attended as a family group with my nine year old daughter. We were made very welcome by the bar staff. Food is selected from a blackboard - there is a more than adequate selection of traditional English pub food and a selection for children. All the food appeared fresh and home made.

The service was very good and the food was excellent.

The pub was very quiet with only two other groups of people in; we found this surprising given the quality of the welcome and food - maybe it was because it was mid-week in the run up to half-term.

• Visited May 2013