“Great restaurant”

Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have used this for Sunday dinner with my very aged father on a dozen occasions, staff very friendly and helpful. Always show great consideration for fathers needs. No place compares for standard of food its great.

1  Thank bruinsmum

Reviewed January 14, 2013

me and my wife went to horse and jockey this weekend for sunday lunch on the invite of our son as a late birthday treat, it as been a long time since we went to the horse & jockey but the new owners have turned it into a great place for a meal .we arrived about one-o-clock and was politely
shown to our table by the bar maid who doubled up as waitress she gave us the list of starters and what the main courses were ,we chose our starters ( breaded mushrooms for me pakoras for my son my wife did not want a starter) for main course we all chose beef and pork .the starters arrived very shortly and were very enjoyable. It was not long after that our main meals arrived a large portion of beef and pork with boiled and roast and a large portion of vegetables, she then came with a dish of pork crackling which was really enjoyable.After eating all this we decided we were to full to have a sweat so we sat for a bit before leaving to which we had a visit from the owner/chef who asked if everything had been alright to which we replied it was most enjoyable wich pleased him . I would recommend the horse & jockey to any body

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Damn his guy can cook! Hired the jockey for birthday function with buffet food and was amazing . Quality of food was amazing and staff are just the best.

Only has a few guest ales but always a good pint, locals are very friendly and make you feel welcome. It's dog friendly too so great stop off on a walk round Ironbridge .

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked this place for a private party, well it was a stag party! The food that Andy had put on was amazing and perfect for all of us, the staff where friendly and made the evening very enjoyable.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We hadn't been to Ironbridge for a few months so when we did we made sure we went back to the Horse & Jockey and, once again, we were not disappointed.

Being married to a veggie it's nice to have plenty of options on the menu for my wife and this friendly little pub provides that. There's sometimes a little wait whilst your meal is cooked but the food is piping hot and the freshness of the food is evidently clear. We stay clear of restaurants that over-rely on the microwave or cook their veg beyond recognition and there's not of that at the Horse & Jockey.

The menu board has a good selection of starters, mains and desserts on offer - a better choice than most and all reasonably priced.

It's also a great little place with a really friendly atmosphere with the owner on hand to offer his advice. There's always a good choice of ales on tap too and is away from the madding hoards further down in Ironbridge.

1  Thank StaffsMark