“Absolutely the best!”

Ranked #6 of 1,448 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Rotherham
“Absolutely the best!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Booked 6 pm and what a welcome! Incredible atmosphere; fantastic staff; and the food was out of this world.............meatballs and sausage in tomato sauce was delicious. Wife's scollops were superb; And I can't praise enough the fried tiger prawns with garlic and lemon. The pubs made the meal complete and the complimentary lemon licquor was the icing on the cake. We were looking forward to England v Italy later that evening and the friendly banter was just the job for a great evening. Thank you Vito and yor team.
Ps you should definitely be number 1 in Sheffield if not the world!!

4 Thank BrianRotherham

“A wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My partner and I have just moved to Walkley from the south of England. We noticed Vito's, and as we love Italian we thought we'd try it out.

Well... it was amazing!! We had no idea that it was such a well respected, top restaurant....and now we do!

The service was great, Italian in nature (laid back), but appreciated, I didn't feel our meal was rushed, giving us time to chat and enjoy our evening. The food we had was well cooked and delicious. There was a great atmosphere, and we will definitely go back!!

4 Thank KCabot
“No news is great news”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Apologies to other Tripadvisor readers. I haven't much new that I can say about Vito's.

I've been going there for years and keep going back because the food, the welcome, in fact the whole experience is without equal in Sheffield.

My only reason for repeating myself is to see fair play after one recent reviewer came out with the most misinformed tosh I have ever read. To criticise a restaurant because of a bad experience is one thing. To berate it for not being a good wedding venue of all things is quite another.

You might as well remark that it's not a very good venue as a concert hall. I expect the Halle Orchestra might find it a bit of a squeeze. And the acoustics would be awful. Similarly, its deficiencies as a place to stage the circus are deporable - I wouldn't even give it a one-star rating on that count.

It has never been a wedding venue, and to pass judgement on it on those grounds is laughable.

Back on planet earth, it's just a very, very good Italian restaurant, I venture to suggest the best of its kind in Sheffield. Enough said.

8 Thank mike t
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Bland food, half the staff couldn't understand us, so we had to keep repeating ourselves to another waiter that was sent to our table. The bill had extra bits in that we neither liked or ordered. 4 very un happy customers, will not be returning

13 Thank plummywright
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening once again”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went once again for a midweek treat with our Gourmet Society card and had a lovely evening. It wasn't too busy so Vito himself greeted us and chatted with us a few times during the evening. I'd already spotted one of the specials on Facebook which looked interesting, lamb skewers with roasted peppers and asparagus and it was delicious. My partner had her favourite lobster ravioli. For mains I went with the venison loin and vegetables and my partner went for a really interesting sounding Tagliatelle Mandorle e Tartufo, a dish of tagliatelle, almonds, truffle and cream. I helped her out because the portion was quite big and it was heavenly. We shared an excellent bottle of Salice Salentino before I moved onto the Grappa menu and had a very nice Chardonnay grappa whilst my partner had a pudding. A nice 20% discount with the Gourmet Society card meant it was an altogether perfect evening.

Vito and his staff are so friendly and welcoming. It's no wonder people have been returning there year on year.

4 Thank SaulMcIntyre