“Still very very good”

Ranked #21 of 1,546 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great food, excellent staff...Calzone Amazing...also very large...give this place a try if you like Italian...good value for money

5  Thank Reiceproject

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been in a lot of Italian restaurant in England...but Vito's Restaurant in Walkley, Sheffield is the best one I tried. First at all it is a family restaurant and the chef is an Italian man...that means that you really can try the real Italian meal. The food is absolutley fresh and delicous and you can chose among a lot of dishes...I tried Tagliata con rucola. It is beef fillet topped with rocket salad and parmisan cheese, served with grilled vegetables. I also tried the filetto toscano..it is fillet in tomato and Italian red wine souce in this case as well it is served with vegetables on the side.
There you really can enjoy the real Italian atmosphere with italian waiters and Italian music playing in the backround. The service is amazing they can suggest to you what you surely will love and they are professional and friendly in the same time. During the weekend the restaurant is busy so my advice is to go during the week.
I am coming back early!!!

3  Thank Antonellasank
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to Vito's on Saturday 2nd March 2013. This was possibly the greatest meal i'd had that night.

Both the food and the atmosphere was wonderful, we were greeted by a lovely human being when we walked in, who served us our drinks and sat us in the bar area until our table was ready. He was very attentive and was knowledgable in regards the menu, I am quite a fussy eater, but the manager (I believe) guided me through the menu and assured me that dishes could be changed to my liking. I had lasagne to start (Vito's offer the opportunity to have a smaller version of one of their pasta dishes to start) which was beautiful. I then had steak which was cooked to perfection. The staff were wonderful all night, always polite and alert to our needs.

I would highly recommend Vito's for any occasion, family meals, romantic meals, they appear to have it all covered.

The value is standard for a restaurant of this quality, you get what you pay for.

5  Thank sewey89
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My first visit last night (6 March) and I was very impressed. Recently moved to Walkley and this is about 5 mins walk from where I live. Will definitely go again. Excellent service, very friendly staff and more than happy to move us to a different table. Lovely food and the menu offered something for everyone including plenty of vegetarian options. A free Limoncello after the meal topped it off nicely!

4  Thank 313Michelle
Reviewed March 6, 2013

we were on a Living Social deal. Greeted warmly by staff and had a choice of two tables but not central to restarunt facing bar area where food is delivered. Table wobbley. Waitress explained specials that were on that evening backround music not very Italian. Husband had spare ribs off special's to start I had mushrooms in Red chilli garlic sauce quite tasty. For mains hubby had steak which he said was very good and tender, I had chicken in wine sauce which was lacking in flavour but you did get a generous amount of chicken, both served with pototoes and veg. I think the price was quite steep with a bottle of white wine and two courses each bill came to £65.
The last time we went to vito's was when children were very small and it was a BYO for wine. Restaurant was busy staff were friendly but don't think I will be rushing back.

2  Thank jrem2010