“Wonderful - as always”

Ranked #6 of 1,448 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Wonderful - as always”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The food here never fails to impress. I live about 70 miles from Sheffield but whenever I go there shoping or to a concert I always make sure I call at Vito's for a meal and I am never diappointed. The flavours are just amazing and I can't wait for my next visit!

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank Loobyloo111

Rotherham
“One of the best Italians in Sheffield”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We visited Vito's after previously dining at the sister restaurant Maranello's, which we always enjoy. The restaurant is smaller than Maranello's and the decor also fails to impress. However, the food is exceptional!

Vito is very friendly and welcoming, although he did seem to be rather rushed on the Friday evening we visited, which led to us waiting a while for drinks. But he made up for this with a free round of limoncello!

The menu is varried and includes a good range of fish and seafood dishes. There is also an excellent choice of Italian beers and fine wine.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant to italian food lovers!

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank Adam_n_Kate
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere, very dated decor”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Food was OK, but the place is stuck in the 70s! Major restyle required before I'll go back. I'm sorry but it's not just about the food.

• Visited January 2011
7 Thank SJG51
“Another fantsic meal”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Haw the hell can manage to cook a meal to perfection hevry time,vito must have a magic touch.weldone!!!

5 Thank alexshffie
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian dishes superbly cooked”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Another birthday dinner at Vito's...and why not? Having eaten at most of the so-called top restaurants in Sheffield, it's never a disappointment to come back to South Road in Walkley and enjoy great Italian artisan cooking.
Always difficult to pick a starter, but it's usually a toss up between the calamari fried in olive oil and lemon (if available) or the home-made meatballs and sausage...I've had them both at one time or another and they've always been delicious.
For the main course, I used to be torn between one of the brilliant liver dishes - if you don't like it rare, make sure you let the waiter know - and the seafood risotto (the best of its kind I've eaten).
Recently, though, I've been drifting increasingly towards the fish specials for two reasons: firstly, because they are always simply but beautifully cooked and secondly, because although something like the turbot or baby halibut is not cheap, you really get a man-sized portion for your money.
When I ate at the Milestone a few months ago, the piece of turbot they served up was about the size of my thumb and cost well over £20. Was it beautifully cooked? Dfficult to tell as there was scarcely enough fish there on which to base a judgement.
Vito is from the south of Italy, and many of his dishes hail from that region, but he also gives a generous culinary representation to many other parts of his native land.
If you're a vegetable connoisseur, you may find the lack of choice in the side dishes on offer a bit of a disappointment but I've always felt the variety and quality of the rest of his menu more than makes up for that.

• Visited April 2011