“Great new site for Champs”

Champs Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #578 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Used to be a regular of old champs, and was a bit concerned when I found out it was moving to old Pamona site, but it really works.

Much bigger space, with all the old memorabilia.

Had some food, and was told that the menu had just been changed that day. I had fajitas and my partner had a chorizo burger. Both great, and the service from Rachel was excellent.

Really nice bar. definitely be back again.

Arron P, General Manager at Champs Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thanks for your kind comments.

Lovely to hear from someone who has tried our new menu!
I will pass on your feedback to Rachel
Arron

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Food was terrible, beer was warm and the wine was cheap crap that was over priced! The venue may look great from the outside but terrible americanised attempt at a sports bar. I miss the old champs on ecclesall road over 10 years ago! Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Thanks for your comments.

Following your feedback we've addressed these problems with our food, introduced a new Menu with improved quality and would be delighted if you would visit again and judge for yourself.

I can only apologise for warm beer, I have no idea how as our Cellar is freezing, Trust me! However our wine is actually good quality stuff, there is a lovely Restaurant in the City Centre that I frequent which serves the same wine.

My name is Arron and I'm the General Manager, if you ask for me on your visit I'd personally like to make sure that you are satisfied with your experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We loved the old Champs, and more importantly, so did the kids who are 3 & 5. Having been out for the afternoon we decided to give the new place a try - BIG MISTAKE. Gone is the nice friendly atmosphere the kids used to enjoy as well as all the sports memorabilia. More importantly, the lovely staff that used to make us so welcome in the old restaurant have disappeared. When we went it was full of students and chavs, essentially the old Pomona crowd. The right hand side is meant to be for food up until 9:00pm however it was just full of foul mouthed drinkers and wannabee gangsters watching the football (I love football by the way but not in a restaurant). We stood around for a good 5 minutes and were not even acknowledged by the staff. Definitely NOT a place I would want to eat or take the kids. A real shame because the old Champs had a really winning formula for an informal meal with family and friends. Definitely won't be going back here.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Trendy bar, great decor, good atmosphere. Can't really imagine eating there but it's a fun place for a night out

Thanks for your kind comments.

Although a bar focused on Sports and, as you point out, somewhere for a night out, I assure you we are a great place to come for somewhere to eat.

Our new menu is up and running, with improved quality and value, and I would highly recommend our handmade burgers!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went with my wife and 2 children aged 3 and 1yrs. Before we had taken the babys out of the the pram, we was asked if we was ready to order!!! Not even had chance to look at the menu. The burger ordered was AWFUL. It tasted like a veggie burger!!! The fries were very chewy and alround rubbish. Needs to improve in all departments! The layout is very good but food was awful.

Thanks for your comments.

We took over Champs in August 2012 at its new home at the old Pomona site. We've been amazed by the number of customers through the door but that in turn has led to some teething problems with the food and drinks service.

Following your feedback we've addressed these problems, introduced a new Menu with improved quality and would be delighted if you would visit again and judge for yourself.