“Best Indian food in town”

Ashoka Indian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Yorkshire
“Best Indian food in town”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Service and food is first class. Very welcoming and treat as real customers. A great choice of first class courses cooked to perfection

• Visited March 2013

UK
“"One of the best Indian restaurants around..."”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Having travelled around I have spent many a happy hour in Indian restaurants and I must say this is one of the best. On my first visit I happened to mention a dish which I particularly liked but couldn't remember the name of it, then the owner came over and asked me to describe it and they would try to replicate it. He said he would name the dish after me. It wasn't quite the dish I had had before but still it was wonderful. Last night I went back after two weeks and I didn't think they would remember my dish and they did. Not only that, they remembered to make the small changes I suggested after the last visit and now it's even better. The other dishes we had were truly as good and the service is friendly without being over the top. Will definitely be going again for the Harry's special... Which is lamb mince with strips of spicy chicken in an aromatic sauce. Definitely a winner! Shame about the name... lol

• Visited March 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wonderful - thank you”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited Ashoka whilst on a mini break to the City and boy were we impressed. Thankfully we were given the only free table left in the restaurant having not pre-booked. What can I say?? Having had an average but okay starter (the shammi kebab) I was blown away by the most scrumptious, enjoyable tandoori mixed grill I've ever tasted (and I've had a few!!!). My partner had the chicken jalfrezi, and whilst she found it a tad hot, was also most impressed. I would also like to say how attentive and thoroughly pleasant the chaps working were which just topped things off. Cant wait to return - unless they'll deliver to Stoke-on-Trent of course??!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in Sheffield”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family loves Indian food - we have Indian meals wherever we go. But we live just outside Sheffield and, having tried most of the best the city has to offer, we always now only go to Ashoka, either to eat in or for a takeaway. This entails driving past half a dozen or so other curry houses.
And that's the main difference, Ashoka is not a run of the mill curry house, it's a restaurant: fresh ingredients, imaginative menu (not the usual curry house stuff), excellent staff.
It is the very best in Sheffield.

• Visited January 2013
“Best Indian Restaurant in the north of England”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Ashoka after a 20 year gap as we left Sheffield 20 years ago we haven't found an Indian to come up to the standard. The food and the service was outstanding as it used to be under Kemal's direction 20 years ago. The prawn purées are out of this world and every bit as good as ever! I was told the same chef still prepares them in the same way. I will make sure I make special trips back to get my fix! There were 8 of us we didn't even book and they accommodated us swiftly and efficiently. My only negative is the cleanliness of the upstairs carpet on the way to the ladies, it needs replacing asap.