“Kitos - I'm confused”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Have booked a set meal for 2 for monday 5pm and was told it was bring your own wine, yet on here I am reading reviews that with the set menu you get a free bottle of wine.

3  Thank dairy-free-girl2611
Wayne S, Owner at Kito's, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hi confused .KITOS is not licensed to sell wine and beer ,so that is why we tell people it is bring your own wine.But we give it away free with the set menu ,1/2 litre of wine 2 lagers or 2 soft drinks with the set menu.But if you do not have the set menu we can not sell it .hope this sorts things out any more questions e-mail me wayne@kitos.co.uk

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Saw the £20 set menu advertised and couldnt believe you could get such a great deal. It was a quick drop in on a suprisingly busy Monday night. I started with the roast squash with dolcelatti cheese, my partner had the avacado and prawns for mains I had the specials again which was cod wrapped in parma ham and muscles with spicy tomato sauce the portion was extremely huge even for me. My other half had a special calzone and we both had homemade tiramisu and it didnt stop there! We also got coffee and a shot of lemonchello. Overall the service was excellent and very polite. I cant fault £20 each + a litre bottle of excellent wine between us!

6  Thank AlexFleming28
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Took advantage of the £20 set menu at kitos last nite. Started with a 8" spicy garlic bread followed with a pollo Italiano and veg. Next came a lovely cheesecake . Finally finished off with a coffee and a cherry sambuca. Oh did I mention you also get a half litre of wine and yes all that for twenty quid.

Standard of food was very good and service was great if a little rushed.

Def go back incredible value for your money. It was very busy for a Thursday and I can see why. Probably need to book

2  Thank Woodseatsmags
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I have never come across anyone I know who has a bad thing to say about this place! It is a very welcoming restaurant where 'regulars' are welcomed back with open arms. Being in a relatively small premises, it has a very cost atmosphere ideal for a romantic meal for two or a large group whatever the occasion.

On this visit we ate off the set menu which was £22.50 a head on a Friday night. Fir a set menu, you actually have a large range to choose from including anything off the specials board. I opted for an avocado and prawn starter from the specials board followed by salmon wrapped in pancetta with a basil sauce which I have to say was probably the best salmon I have ever had! I then had good old classic tiramisu. You also get a choice of tea or coffee and a liquor shot. All this also comes with wine which makes it an excellent value and tasty night out!

5  Thank Cordy_Senior
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Decided to try this little place after during a bit of research on tripadvisor and so glad we did. We went on a Monday evening and we were surprised at how busy it was, we soon found out why it is so popular because the set menu is excellent value for money. For £20 each me and my partner both enjoyed a starter, main course, dessert, coffees and a shot of lemoncello and even a liter bottle of red wine. We would have thought that due to the price something would have to give but that's not the case the quality and flavor of the food was excellent, No complaints what so ever !! The waitress was also very friendly, we can't wait to go back !!
Tip: Book a table in advance, even during the week.

5  Thank misty1112