“Unexpectedly good”

Ranked #104 of 1,540 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to Las Iguanas after a trip to the cinema. As a chain restaurant in a mall I wasn't expecting anything special but the staff were lovely and the food was really nice. It was also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

On arrival we were made to feel really welcome by Mario, the service was exellent, really attentive & friendly. You definitely get the personal touch.

The food & cocktails are incredible. We've been back over & over celebrated birthdays, anniversarys & had great nights out with friends enjoying pitchers of Iguanan Wanas & Long Island Ice Tea. They also have a cocktail called caiprinha which is made from a south american spirit called cachasa that you have to try.

The Lamb empanadas & calamari are amazing as are the enchiladas & burritos - I've never had a bad meal here, it's always consistant which is great as I've been to some other places, really enjoyed a meal, ordered it again & it's been different & not as good. At Las Iguanas I always get the same great food & know I can expect the same delicious meal time after time.

The atmosphere is fab & they have some great offers.

All in all it's the best restaurant in Sheffield to go to if you like Latino food & want to have an all round good dining experience i.e. Food, serivce, value, taste & atmosphere what ever the occasion be it a night with the girls, a romantic dinner, a family treat or with clients for lunch. Satisfaction guarenteed!

Thanks so much Mario & your team of lovely staff

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked a table for two for 7pm - we arrived at 6:50 and were seated in a more than half empty restaurant. We were given a menu as were seated, and other than that, had no interaction with the staff. For 20 minutes we sat and were ignored b the staff who passed by or stood chatting whilst polishing cutlery in the corner. Under such quiet circumstances we found this to be unacceptable, and despite a lovely looking menu we decided to leave. On the plus side, I can recommend a wonderful Indian restaurant nearby who were more than happy to take my money. Very poor service given this current financial climate.

1  Thank Ashley A
Katrina60, Public Relations Manager at Las Iguanas - Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hi, Thanks very much for your review. We keep a close eye on Trip Advisor because we want to make sure that everyone is having a great time in our restaurants. I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit. Thanks for letting us know and I’ll make sure that we find out what’s gone wrong at the restaurant. Obviously this is not the level of service that we expect and I’d like to ask our area manager to call you to say sorry. I’ve sent you a private message and hope you’ll get back to me soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was in Sheffield for a week on business in the middle of December 2012. On wondering around looking for some where to eat I stumbled across Las Iguanas. Good food and even better staff. Their idea of a Cuban sandwich is nothing like what I had in southern Florida, but it was still very tasty. The Mexican food was all very good.
The bar staff and the drinks were all fantastic. Dark and Stormy or Mojito I can highly recommend.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

What a fantastic place, atmosphere friendly and roomy, Ideal restaurant for a fun family xmas party, met and served by the manager Mario himself, fantastic guy swift and secure in all aspects of the evening full of smiles and helpful to extremes.
A bottle of Veuve Clique to set the xmas spirit alight, the champers was enjoyed by all.
Our meal began with a shared mixed tapas consisting of Albondigas,calamares,gambas & pato taquito a nice taste of each was enough to set the taste buds rolling.
Into meal meals chicken fajitas,steak fajitas,chicken burrito,chicken diablo, sirloin grilled steak to perfection, with curly fries of course. With a few beers and cocktails we were just about done when Mario offered us the sweet menu with Dulce cheesecake which our Faye cannot resist, so we had to indulge ourselves and finally finish off with different coffees where I had a Cortada Condesada taking me back to my younger days where condense milk was the norm, sweet and creamy coffee what a way to finish an amazing evening. Highly recommended for its service ,atmosphere, food and especially its personnel