“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great little place lovely food and service.

Some of the best steaks I have had in sheffield and home made chips to boot. Try the garlic bread with blue cheese it's good and the price here is better than most

3  Thank pawsonjp

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been eating at La Romantica for over 20 years, posh it is not but if you like a small intimate atmsosphere and focus on good food rather than decor then you will love it. The girls are lovely nothing too much trouble and the menu is not massive but we have never been disappointed in anything we have ordered.

4  Thank JanePTA
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Cheesy Italian with plastic flowers and slimy waiters. Great place for a night out and atmosphere would recommend it highly

4  Thank Neil_S_G
Reviewed July 29, 2013

having read some of the reviews it was with trepidation i went to La Romantica ( but her indoors wanted to go and try it again after a few years of not going ).
first impressions - the area isnt sparkling and parking is not overally easy ..the restaurant is only small and is sandwiched between take aways .
If i wanted a stunning view i would have chosen somewhere different but the food is what matters and there were no complaints from the 4 of us to the quality of the food or the portion sizes.
My only reservation would be that the menu isnt massive but that would be finding fault just for the sake of it.
we will be going back and that is the best recommendation i can give it

pros - good quality , tasty food at very reasonable prices
cons - only accept cash or cheque - parking

2  Thank adrian b
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having read through some of the reviews for La Romantica I had to write a review for this place. Yes the restaurant itself is small and old fashioned and maybe not as clean and modern as people would expect when going for a meal now days. It is small and old fashioned but it's intimate and if your not a snob you will appreciate this place. I have been coming to this restaurant for over 8 years now and it is somewhere very special to me and my husband. The food is a lot better than average, my husband and I have had almost everything off the menu over the years from what I have witnessed everything I've eaten is freshly made as many of times I've watched it being made and neither of us have ever complained, been disappointed or felt let down by this restaurant, The pricing is good and the portions are more than reasonable. The two waitresses who work there have worked there for as long as I've been going and it's things like that, that makes me return. I know exactly what I'm getting and there is definitely a chilled no fuss atmosphere which I love. You don't get pestered and I feel like I can be myself not like half of the "upmarket" Italian restaurants I've been to in the past. The people who are writing the negative reviews obviously don't get this restaurant at all and should stay away. If you like a chilled atmosphere, good food and a bit of character this maybe the place for you. It's the things like you can't pay by card and only cash that make me love this place and in my opinion they're isn't many places left like this anymore....

4  Thank leanne m