“African Caribbean Yummy food!”
Review of Zanzibar African Cuisine - CLOSED

Zanzibar African Cuisine
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vibrant, colourful background adourned with African exotic beautiful carvings, masks and paintings etc. Pretty surroundings with excellent ambience, homely and relaxing: out of this world African & Caribbean experience.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are originally from Guyana which has very similar food to the Caribbean. I can say that the Goat Curry , West Indian Lamb Stew, Ackee & Saltfish, Saltfish Dumplings and Sweet dumplings we had were out of this world! The owner, Godson, is charming, funny, very friendly and professional, music was playing and the rum cocktail was lovely. Its a tapas type arrangement but with a starter section to the menu, and they do take away and delivery too (in a 3 mile radius). Open till 11.30pm most nights and later on Friday and Saturday (until you leave). We're definitely going back when next up there! My mouth's watering already.

There are newer reviews for Zanzibar African Cuisine

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've enjoyed the food at Zanzibar (formally of UK Mamas fame) for years, and each time it gets better and better, and there's never a dull moment!

This time I arranged for a large group buffet for my birthday, and the delicious dishes kept flowing all night, and were impossible to resist despite being completely full and content.

The night started with a powerful African drumming demonstration as we entered the restaurant, with colourful dress and dancing. Then suddenly everyone in the room's involved to great hilarity.

The food is worth any wait as its freshly prepared for you to delicious results, and in the mean time, time flies as you enjoy exotic fruit punch and lime daiquiris whilst being well looked after by the attentive staff, and welcomed and greeted with jokes and joy by Godson, the face of Zanzibar and UK Mamas himself.

I highly recommend this restaurant for any time that you fancy some delicious food and a taste of the tropics to warm your British day, and for a party you get un unforgettable experience thats far beyond the offerings of any other restaurant - and whether you're shy or boisterous, you'll love being in the spotlight of the druming, dress-up, limbo dancing and anything's-possible show!

1  Thank MorwInShef
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I travelled with my fiancé from Lincoln (over an hour away) especially for valentines day after experiencing Godsons gorgeous food at the International Market Lincoln. There was a wait for the food but it was definately worth the wait. At 8 and a half months pregnant we knew this would probably be the last meal out for us as a couple and I'm very happy that this was place my partner chose :) food was wonderful , atmosphere was nice, loved the quirky feel to it and our bill was a little under £40 , which I thinks about average for me and my partner. I wish Godson would open a chain in Lincoln as there's nowhere like it here and I'd be there every week :) overall fab experience left with a very full belly . Baby Aaliyah was born 2 weeks early on the 17th Sunday . Very happy baby- must have been the great food on Thursday. Thank yu very much!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Having revisited the Zanzibar restaurant last week I am very impressed with the food quality and the freshness. Although, it took some time for the preparation, we were equally served very impressive starters whilst we were waiting.
I would recommend the Zanzibar restaurant for anybody who wants to experience a wide variety and style of African/ Caribbean food.
I found that the chef was very friendly and most importantly very informative and offered good advice on the type of food that was prepared.

Kind regards,

G. Nzegwu

Reviewed January 13, 2013

No fuss, no frills just superb, tasty, authentic food & excellent service. First rate all round!! We will definitely be back for more.