“Excellent value”

Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Excellent service and food. A very clean hotel with extremely helpful staff who appear to enjoy what they do. Variety of room types with comfortable beds. Beautiful gardens. No frills such as free shower gel or biscuits on the room coffee tray, but this is trivial when one considers the very reasonable cost of staying there. Will definitely go there next time we are in Sheffield.

Room Tip: Ground floor overlooking entrance are very large - more like mini suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Set in a lovely location, this hotel was only let down by the state of the carpets in the corridors - in need of replacing. However the room was spacious and quiet and contained everything we needed. Having bought swimming costumes (forgotten to pack) we were able to use the spa, which was small, but perfectly formed! - and almost empty on a Sunday morning.
Most of the staff were fine, but the barman was scruffy and inefficient. It would not have been possible to order "a swift half", despite the fact there were only 3 other groups in the bar, as my husband took well over ten minutes to order and get our two drinks!
Despite these niggles we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not a four star hotel in my opinion. Tired, bland and dated, really needs a refresh. Food poor, on my second night it took an hour for my meal to arrive then it was cold and over salted. I stayed for five nights, so I sampled much of it! Breakfast was ok. Staff are very good. I got an upgrade when I complained about my room, but probably only because it was on a company account.

Of the three rooms I sampled the first two were very basic, hole in wall in one room, both very dark and bathroom was old fashioned. Third room much better, but that was an upgrade.

Parking at hotel was convenient for drive into Sheffield, but on the whole I'd have been disappointed had I been paying for this myself. Just ok, no wow factor in anything.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of main staircase from reception seem to be better and have view over looking garde...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Carrie2222
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wonderful location and helpful staff, decor in the room I was given was getting a bit tired and worn but clean.
The garden looked beautiful but I did not stay long enough to wander.
Reasonable price and easy to find helpful and efficient desk staff.

Room Tip: If available rooms looking onto the garden have a delightful view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank acvm
Simone_Sansom, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for completing your review we are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Kind regards
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed several times. Each time I had a different room. Each room was a different size and each room had a different problem, ranging from finding the previous occupant's dirty underwear in the first room - suggesting that housekeeping had been less than diligent, to black bits coming out the first time that my partner used the shower in another room.

That being said, I quite enjoyed staying there. The pool and fitness facilities were pleasant and the staff were generally helpful.

Room Tip: Check where your room is, as some are a very long walk from reception, and up a few sets of stairs...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dragonthoughts
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have raised I have discussed these with my managers and we have taken the action necessary to ensure these are addressed. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further should you wish to contact me. In the meantime, we do hope this will not deter you from visiting the hotel again in future. kind regards
Glasgow
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is located close enough to the city centre and easy to find. The staff at reception were pleasant and efficient when it came to both check in and check out. It did not eat dinner at the hotel, but I did have breakfast which was ok. The grounds of the hotel were very nice and unusual for a hotel near a city centre. The main negative is that many of our party complained just after checking in that the had no hot water and this didn't seem to be resolved by the following morning which meant having to shuffle between rooms to get a shower. I was fortunate that I had no problems with room at all, but that was just luck of the draw. In conclusion, aside from the water problem, this is a nice hotel with friendly helpfull staff and it is only marked down for the unsolved problem.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank peter1561
Thank you for completing your review and the comments you have raised please let me assure you that this has now been resolved. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel two years ago and were impressed and stayed again this weekend as a birthday treat for my boyfriend. Only a 15 minute walk from the city centre the hotel is well presented with a gorgeous garden if the weather is nice. The rooms are spacious with a large bed and good sized bath. The leisure facilities are highly recommended with a swimming pool and jacuzzi for relaxing. I would recommend this to anyone and for what it is the pricing is very reasonable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing your review, we are so pleased to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit. Kind regards