“Ok not blown away”

Zeugma
Ranked #121 of 1,608 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We attended yesterday after being in Sheffield for the day. It was recommended by a local friend as the 'second best' place to eat on London Road - the first one was fully booked!

Decor - the decor is nice consists of wooden tables. The tables however are too close together you are virtually on top of one another.

Service - staff friending enough but kept coming over every minute to ask if your ready to order which was frustrating. I will order when I'm ready. Food was cooked & brought out fairly quick.

Food -
Appetisers - naan with olives and pickles Starter - got a fish starter. It was nothing I expected. Was like hummus but made out of fish. The first couple of mouthfuls were nice but after that it's not nice.
Mains - whole baby chicken and lamb kebab. Consists of tomato rice, naan and fresh salad.

The food was nice but I think for what you get the prices are way overpriced. I was not a fan of the tomato in the rice and there was too much salad in the main course. On a plus the salad was fresh and tasty.

Overall - the food was nice a little pricey. Service was alright. I wouldn't go again but I've had worse food and service. Average restaurant in my opinion.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Although my dessert has just been served and I'm still eating , I have been asked to leave quickly because other customers are waiting !!!!
I was a regular customer to this restaurant before because of the good food quality, but next time I will definitely choose different restaurant so I can be treated in a more polite way.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

Visited last Friday with my husband and friend for my friend's birthday meal. The service and food was excellent. Would have given it 5 stars but the restaurant is small and the tables are close together and very cramped and the music was very loud, therefore restaurant was very noisey but will visit again as we all enjoyed the food. Could not fault that at all.

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Following the wedding of my niece we went for the wedding feast to zeugma 2 for a banquet . All our family enjoy Turkish food and being Turkmen we know what's good and this was excellent. The food was as though we were in Turkey it was fantastic. The service was very good the girls who waited on us were friendly and efficient. We had a cross selection of the menu and no one was disappointed we really enjoyed it. Thank you to all at the restaurant for a lovely meal and service.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Visited with my partner on Sunday evening. He had been before but I hadn't. I will admit I was a little apprehensive after a bad experience at another Turkish restaurant however there was no need to be.
We visited Zeugma 2. It's not much to look at from the outside and the inside is also quite basic (but clean),however I cannot fault the food or staff what so ever. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The food itself was lovely, great big portions and nicely presented. We started with the Antep Lamacun - a thin crispy bread topped with minced lamb, garlic and red / green peppers, really delicious!
I had the chicken shish for main (chicken skewers) which comes with bread, rice and salad and my partner had the lamb ribs which he can't stop raving about.
I would happily return, the food was fresh and relatively healthy, which makes a nice change when eating out!