“Good honest chinese restaurant”

Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #362 of 1,482 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been twice to this restaurant and the impression was the same both times. This is the kind of restaurant where chinese people come to eat and hang out. The fact that people are there just drinking tea, talking and having snacks makes it a relaxed place to eat. The dim sum is good. Hot and sour soup ok but not great. Salt and pepper squid lovely - squid was tender and coating crisp. Probably not the place for a romantic dinner but with friends or for a decent meal before an evening out its highly recommended

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went last month in the afternoon for a meal with my husband and daughter. There was a grim older waitress who took our order . Perhaps it was due to a lack of communication skills or whatever , but she refused to explain the menu that they had printed on the wall. We thought she was annoyed with us , when we realised she was the same with the other 2 tables too. The food when it arrived was very good but slightly small portions . Even before I finished eating my plate was cleared and she ignored me . Could not wait to get out of there. A little training in Guest Relations would do wonders for this lady & the restaurant.

2  Thank Regencychit
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We eat here regularly with our sons and daughter in law. The food is superb. We have also taken friends here (some of whom have visited China). They all praise the quality and authenticity of the food. The Dim Sum are delicious which makes a decision on what to eat really difficult, I love the Har Gau! Sea food here is a real treat. Great service, very friendly and really good value for money.

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I drive up from Leicester once a month to visit my son who has lived in this bustling area for several years, We always go to the same restaurant across the road from the Dim sum; sadly it was closing early due to the Chinese mid Autumn festival.
We tried the Dim sum and how disappointed we were. I have never left a Chinese restaurant hungry; the rice was insufficient to feed us; the portions were very stingy and lacked the key ingredients that the meal advertised; loads of onions lacking on the beef, prawn and chicken.
I left £34 lighter and hungry.
The ambiance was nice but spoiled by penny pinching portions.

2  Thank Rawson-Gill
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Marvellous food just like it might be in china! Saturday lunch sooo tasty! Their dim sums to die for. And the egg tart!!! Home made. Yum yum! Could eat a dozen... Try yourself!