“Over rated”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Over rated”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just like some of the other reviews I would say the restaurant is over rated , food is ok , but not has good as people state , I would go back here , but food a curry after a night out with the boys . This place is not a for romantic meal , more for the boys !!

• Visited August 2013
sid2008, Manager at Butlers Balti House, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi there thanks for your comments, maybe the restaurant was too busy and you like to having your own space, which sometimes can make you feel uncomfortable and not let you enjoy the food which is the case with your self or your arrived late at night where you will find people have had a few to drink after night out but coming late night is not going for a romantic meal. Romantic meals are enjoyed early door at dining time between 5.30 to 9,00pm. In future if you come down with your partner and want to secluded please ask for VIP, which will give you a romantic secluded table or come in Mid-week, had you mention to a member of staff when you were seated we would have been more than happy to relocate your table somewhere else.

Many thanks

Rotherham UK
“Better than average in town”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Butlers Balti is a great Indian restaurant.
Butter chicken is the best I have had in a long time.
Every one in our group had a great meal all the starters were good and service was quick but in obtrusive.
10/10

Visited March 2013
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I great restaurant, the food is excellent and the staff are friendly.

Even their takeaway service was good, twith the food wrapped up well and as in the restaurant very well prepared.

Yorkshire
“Nice place shame about the food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went for a friends birthday there were 10 of us and only 2 enjoyed their food. Onion bahji's were presented nicely with salad and fried onions, but unfortunately they were no better than the one's from local supermarkets, very powdery and doughy. I felt sorry for my husband (for a change) as he had been fancying a "proper" bahji all week. Lots of the curries on the menu say "Jalfrezi but are as hot as Madras". Even I could have eaten them and I only like mild curries. My friends Korma came with a skin on it where it had been stood! My husband loves really spicy curries and asked for one, but was very disappointed it was no hotter than mine which was a Bhuna. All the dishes were piping hot, but the food in them wasn't. All that said the venue is really nice and the people are lovely, but we have definitely had better curries from Asda's 2 for £7.00 and they are a bit naff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sheffgirlYorkshire
I remember I came onto your table, I was on the Table when it was being served for Starters and Mains. I checked up your starters and Mains and I stirred the butter Chicken. There was 3 Chicken Garlics Ordered on the table and 1 was Madras Hot maybe your husband Ordered a Chicken Garlic and it got mixed up with someone else's. I think maybe there was a confusion with the dishes and someone else got the hot one. There was No Jalfrezi's or Hot Dishes ordered from anyone so i don't understand why you said the food was tasteless.

It would have been nice to complain or notify me at the time when i came to check up on the food. We serve fresh food not pre-cooked like Asda.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Continued Excellence!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife for a meal last night and this restaurant is still an good as ever. The team serving have been the same for years and the high quality food remains extremely consistent. I believe that this is the best curry/balti restaurant in Sheffield and would highly recommend a visit! Steve M

Visited September 2013