“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of shapla

shapla
Ranked #72 of 1,429 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hull
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is gorgeous. From the welcome that awaits you when you walk in to the flower they give you at the end. In between is the most beautiful omeal, delicately spiced. Truly gorgeous.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank safw

manchester
“Good Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a meal in this restaurant on 16/11/13. six of us and the bill came to £93 including drinks. Food was exellant and the service was quick and efficiant. We stayed in the Jurys Inn and this was just two minutes down the road and was recommended by a member of staff at the hotel. would eat here again, when next in sheffield.

• Visited November 2013
Axminster, United Kingdom
“Staying in the Premier Inn then go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I walked into an empty restaurant but received a lovely warm welcome. The first thing you notice is the really nice decor. and lighting. The walls have lovely hand painted murals which are lovely; these apparently cost around £10k according to my waiter?

First I ordered some spicy popadoms and chutneys. The chutney tray is really tasty with the usual lime pickles, mint sauce, onions and a slightly more unusual deep red onion based offering which is apparently is a Shapla "special recipe" this was exceptional – a must. Following these I had the chicken Chat which was just perfect and presented unusually with an inflated puree on top – a nice touch.

As the mains I ordered Nepali Tikka a hot dish with marinated chicken again I really enjoyed this although there were too many tomato chunks present masquerading as chicken chunks. Accompanying this I had Bombay potato and Coriander rice. Also a Keema Nan which was too heavy and doughy for me although pleasantly it wasn’t smothered in gee as they are quite often.

The Shapla is a great Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant and definitely one to visit if you’re in the area especially if you are staying in the Premier Inn which is 2 minutes walking distance down the road.

PS – the place was full by time I left.

• Visited October 2013
“Nice ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We came here with friends & family as it was my nephews bday & he decided he wanted to have a curry for his bday! Soon as we arrived, we were disappointed to find there was no high chairs available although I brother in law enquired over the phone when he booked & was told they did have otherwise had we have known, I could have brought my little boys booster chair.
Anyway we got drinks ordered along with poppadoms & pickle tray which was delightful! The main meals were lovely & plentiful!
For a restaurant, me & my Partner paid ��40 to which we had 3 starters, 2 mains, rice, nan bread & pickles tray with drinks. All in all
I think it was very reasonable priced & we enjoyed every minute of it.

Rotherham
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a fabulous restaurant! Lovely staff, lovely modern surroundings, and the food is the best! The pickle trays are huge and absolutely amazing! Thankyou for a lovely anniversary meal!

• Visited September 2013