“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of shapla

shapla
Ranked #75 of 1,428 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Consistently good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I visit The Shapla with a couple of friends every few months. Indian food isn't necessarily my favourite but the other guys like it so I'm happy to go along. Having said that, the food I do have is always excellent and the service seems personal.

I took a different group of friends there recently and all five of them said the food was fantastic and at least matched anything they have had before. The ladies in the party always get a carnation which is a nice touch too!

• Visited December 2012

“Lovely food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Excellent quality food, good portions and very tasty. Very good value for money. Service was brilliant all staff were great. Would definitely go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely rude customer service. Failed delivery despite payment taken online.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I ordered online and received an email conforming my order for delivery at 8pm.

I called to enquire about my order at 8:20pm as I had not receiving anything and was told nothing had been received. I was told there was nothing that could be done. I explained that I had paid online and was basically told that was my problem to sort out with my bank!

Do not order from this Indian unless you want poor service and no delivery

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Bland with cold rice.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oh dear. Had read good reviews and changed from usual Indian to try here. It was vastly disappointing. Tried a spicey and hot curry or so the waiter promised. It was bland and not enough slightly hot. Greamy Korma lovers only need apply. The rice was in clumps and cold. Nasty. Will go back to Zeenat where you can taste the spices. Oh and this was not cheap either!!

• Visited August 2012
“A very good curry experience, one of Sheffields finest :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our son wanted to celebrate his eighth birthday with a curry. So we by passed all five of our local Indian restaurants as we wanted a good reliable curry experience. The Shapla never disappoints, a warm welcome, great food and a lovely atmosphere and very child friendly. I have been coming here since my student days and can honestly say that I have never been disappointed or had a bad meal.

1 Thank Hvlab