“Early evening pasta offer”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonnas

Nonnas
Ranked #247 of 1,429 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nonnas Sheffield on the restaurant scene since 1996. We love great food, great wine & great service.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Early evening pasta offer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

As we only live around the corner we took advantage of being child less for an hour.For about twenty pounds we had two big plates of pasta(the one with duck meat and sausage was really good).We also had a rocket and parmesan salad.The service was good and efficient.The only negative was the tired leather seating with rips in.I believe there is a revamp on the way.

1 Thank michael j
NonnasSheffield, Owner at Nonnas, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
thank you for your fee back this helps us to keep on improving... yes regarding re-vamp will be happening soon in the near future (MM)

“just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food is OK, doesn't worth it for the price as it is not proper italian. Nothing much relevant to say, just that if you want to have a good romantic dinner or just a dinner out, there are more interesting places in Sheffield.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank B S
NonnasSheffield, Owner at Nonnas, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
thank you for your comment as i am co owner of nonnas. I take great pride in serving fresh ingredients and we make our own pasta / bread/ cakes ect on meats we use our local butcher all the rest we import from Italy.. we change our menu seasonally and our wine list is only italian with quite a few local wines from certain vineyards which not even herd off... i hope you will reconsider and try nonnas again as we take all feed back seriously.... (MM)
London, England, United Kingdom
“Unfortunate Timing - Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Unfortunately our experience at Nonna's was very average. The table was very cramped and not big enough to hold our glasses, bottle of wine, condiments and bread. We were sat next to a party of 15, celebrating a birthday, so it was extremely noisy (not the fault of the restaurant but still tainted our experience) Due to the stress of the big party, the waiters were obviously very stressed, having dropped 4 pieces of cutlery throughout the evening at our feet. My boyfriend's starter was overcooked, however mine was lovely. The main's were a lot better and the choice of wine suggested by the waiter was excellent. I felt disappointed by my visit to Nonna's and feel that perhaps if I had visited mid-week, the experience would have been more pleasant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ncoaten91
“Valentines Day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Having heard some good reviews about Nonnas, my boyfriend and I decided to give it a go for Valentines Day. As expected it was particularly busy and having booked a table for 9:15pm we were made to wait an extra 20 minutes before seated. The set menu consisted of very little choice. I ordered lamb which sounded beautiful on he menu however I was left very disappointed. There was barely anything on my plate and the lamb was extremely chewy to the point where I was struggling to eat it. The staff were friendly but unfortunately for £45 each I expected a lot more. Would not recommend.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Abbie J
“Birthday Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Came here a couple of weeks ago for my Girlfriends 30th. Having been let down at the last minute by Artisan bistro I found Nonnas very accommodating to our booking especially as it was at relatively short notice and we had a party of 12 for a Saturday evening.
Table, food and drink were excellent. Though we only had the table for 2 hours we didn't feel rushed and they were able to bring out the birthday cake on time with no issues.
Would definitely recommend for atmosphere, quality and authenticity of food (some of the best Italian food I've tasted outside of Italy & Melbourne). Staff very friendly and welcoming. Look forward to returning some time soon.

• Visited January 2014