“Wow what an excellent value lunch menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nonnas

Nonnas
Ranked #241 of 1,428 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nonnas Sheffield on the restaurant scene since 1996. We love great food, great wine & great service.
Liverpool
“Wow what an excellent value lunch menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

A supplier took me for lunch here and I have to say this is the first time I've given excellent for all five categories. We were well looked after, the place was busy and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend but looking at the evening menu I can see how people who have wrote reviews may have high expectations but on the lunch menu great value.

1 Thank PMC2K13
NonnasSheffield, General Manager at Nonnas, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are glad we delivered on your visit and that you received our lunch dishes as good value.
We hope to keep improving and are just about ready to launch our brand new Autumn Menus which will be full of new amazing dishes! Please visit www.nonnas.co.uk for more details.
We hope to see you again soon to try out more of our offerings

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food but overpriced for the quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I visited Saturday night with a group, I didn't particularly like the table we were seated which was in what felt like a 'back room' next to the toilets and saloon door to the kitchen. It felt like we were missing out on the atmosphere and wine bar vibe that I picked up at the front of the restaurant. My starter was nice, I had a goats cheese pannacotta with fig compote and 'nonna's' crackers. The pannacotta was lighter than I expected and the ingredients worked well together, my partner had the spiced lamb spiedini and cucumber salad which he said was well cooked and tasty. Unfortunately that's where my good experience ended! My main was ordered from the specials menu - White Rissotto. When I enquired prior to ordering the waiter said it was with parmesan and truffle oil. It came very badly presented, enough for about 3 people slopped in a huge bowl, no garnish and swimming in truffle oil - tasteless and quite frankly I could of done better myself at home and not paid a tenner for the privilege. Partner and other guests said their food was nice enough but average and the bill was pretty extortionate considering what average food we'd had. I would revisit but not to eat, only to further sample the delicious Raspberry Daquiri's - the best part of my meal!

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for providing a review and feedback for your experience on your visit at Nonnas.
I apologise for the delay in reply.
We are sorry you did not like the table in the quieter room- please feel free to tell us and wherever possible we will aim to swap tables for you. Mention this at time of reservation as we love to offer a preferred area to all our diners. We are glad you like the Raspberry Daiquiri's and am sure our Bar team will be very pleased with the kind comments. We hope to deliver on every future visit.
We are disappointed the Risotto truffle oil and Parmigiano failed to deliver a depth of taste were and I have passed on your feedback to our Chef's team as to improve for the future.
Nevertheless we truly hope you will join us again soon and to give us another go so we can show you just how much we care for the food we offer on our menu.

Once again thank you for the feedback and hope to see you again soon

Sheffield
“Pretentious style but the food is exceptional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've only ever been to Nonnas twice, ten years apart. From the outside I've always disliked the place. The patrons lined up on the benches outside and there because they want to be seen and they're far too proud of it. However- having enjoyed Nonna's food 10 years ago (and been to young and naive to pick up on what pretentiousness was) we had another meal there.

There are some massive pros to Nonnas and some offputting cons.

To gets the cons out the way- there are some really friendly staff and some really snotty, aloof ones. Some of them have a tendency to mumble and wander off having not answered your question. We didnt feel hugely welcome when we arrived as the first waiter made a point of saying we were late. We were 8 minutes late. On a weekday, and it wasn't busy. We both ended up apologising like we were late for school. As others have mentioned I also dont like being offered water and then being charged for it. I assumed they meant tap water and waiters should definitely be clearer. Lastly on the cons, it absolutely drives me nuts to have sexist waiters not bother to read the name on the credit card when we're paying and automatically hand the machine to the man. Well it was my card no thanks to the waiter, who embarrassed both of us.

Pros- The food really is amazing. Our bill for 2 of us was £60 so it isn't cheaper but the monkfish is deliciously cooked and smelt fresh and the stuffed chicken was also really lovely. The bruschetta was great and we adored both our puddings. I also like that they offer 125ml options on wine as I often dont want more than that. Plus it is more continental that way.

Overall I would go back, but only when we feel we're willing to spend the cash and it's a week night. It's heaving on a friday or saturday and I doubt its a very nice experience.

1 Thank uratargetmarket
Apologies for the delay in reply but i would like to take this opportunity to Thank you so much for your review and feedback. Your comments have been relayed to our team.
We are sorry to hear we didn't deliver 100% on all aspects of your visit but all feedback helps us improve on all areas in order to create a wonderful experience for all our customers.
We are glad you enjoyed the food on your visit, we are very proud of serving up honest, quality Italian food and hope you will be back again soon for more!!
Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit

sheffield
“Very enjoyable all round”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This isn’t a place that I would usually eat in but a few friends regularly eat here and recommended it to us for our anniversary. What a pleasant surprise it was. The menu was superb and our meals lived up to the expectations. Service was very friendly whilst professional and the atmosphere was buzzing, really busy, especially for a Wednesday night. We will be eating here again very soon and would suggest that you try it out.

• Visited August 2013
NonnasSheffield, Owner at Nonnas, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for dinning at Nonnas ,and that you had a pleasant evening with us. Your feed back is important, as it helps us to improve our standards (MM)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Over priced and un impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The menu at Nonnas was vast, which usually puts me off but everything on it looked appealing, I actually struggled to select my meal. I went for the Mussels steamed in Peroni followed by the rib eye steak. The mussels were a measly, tight portion especially considering the price, many of the mussels were not open and the sauce wasn't much to brag about either. The steak was seasoned well but arrived medium when I ordered it rare. I didn't have the opportunity to tell anyone this let alone complain as there was not a waiter in sight and no checking to see if our meals were ok, my steak was no where near as impressive as it read on the menu and was missing its Parmesan foam! And at £20 for a steak I would have liked it to have arrived as it was described in the menu. Feeling unsatisfied I shared a Tiramisu with my partner, considering the fact that we were in an Italian restaurant the Tiramisu was pathetic it barely tasted of coffee or anything other than the cheap chocolate sauce that laced the plate. My partners meal failed to impress either the crab bruschetta was bland, the roast pork dull and our coffees bitter. £80.00 down with only one glass of wine and a bottle of £4 water we won't be considering a revisit!

• Visited August 2013
NonnasSheffield, General Manager at Nonnas, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear LMcWinty - the team and i are disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your recent visit at Nonnas and we do welcome all feedback which has been passed on to our team.
We take our menu design very seriously and only source ingredients from local suppliers wherever possible apart from specialised Italian Ingredients which we carefully select.
We are sorry some mussels on your starter were closed and it shouldn't have happened in the first place but the team replaced them promptly- either way we are sorry the dish still failed to impress.
Unfortunately there was no parmesan foam on the rib-eye as we accompany it with spinach and parmesan mousse, as stated on our menu.
The tiramisu was made with 100% Arabica coffee our blend from CaffeVero and 70.4% Callebaut Belgian Dark, extra bitter chocolate to complement the flavours of the dessert.
Nevertheless we are always disappointed in ourselves for having under-delivered to any of our customers expectations and wish to invite you back to try us out again- please feel free to get in touch with me personally to make arrangements.

info@nonnas.co.uk