“Will definitely visit again, hopefully with a bit more space.....”
Review of Nonnas

Nonnas
Ranked #185 of 1,606 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nonnas Sheffield on the restaurant scene since 1996. We love great food, great wine & great service.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I called in for Brunch last Monday, after a pilgrimage to Waitrose for a certain type of vodka! Having never set foot in the place before, we sat on bar stools in the window and looked at the menu. Eventually a pleasant lady came over and I explained we'd not been before and she was most helpful. We moved to a table for two and the food and coffee arrived within 10 minutes, I had wild mushrooms and poached egg and my husband had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, both served on toasted focaccia, and was accompanied by Filter Coffee and hot milk.

Overall we were happy with everything, until a party of three sat on the table for four next to us and we quickly realised the tables were far too close for comfort.

This really is the only niggle and there are plenty of other tables in different areas so we will be mindful to check for more space from the next table when were return.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a regular haunt for sure, but this week I tried sharing three starters and a bottle of Prosecco with someone else as a mid afternoon Sunday treat. There was even room for dessert. The staff were delightful and happy to oblige our unusual request.
Agree, sometimes the staff can appear a little aloof in that Italian way, but I've always found them to comply with requests, e.g. providing a cake fork and sharing dishes.
Love their happy hour where the bar usually has a small selection of delectable savoury treats.
Can't stop going here... in fact back again for more formal dinner in a few days.

NonnasSheffield, Owner at Nonnas, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your comment. Your feed back is very important to us, as it helps to improve our standards.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recommended by my son, we had a great evening. Service could be described as less formal but more fun. Food was very good with bold Italian flavours, the wine they recommended was so good, I bought another bottle to take home. The restaurant was full with a great atmosphere. Will go back when next in Sheffield.

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you had a pleasant evening at Nonnas.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nonnas has been known to me for many years. Many people inSheffield think it is the place to be, and still frequent here.
I took an old friend in here for a glass of wine after a school reunion up the road. We were told we had to stand in the bar by a rude female waitress who could not even smile. My friend commented it smelt of toilets and wanted to sit in the cafe. The waitress seemed to frown at this but ushered us to the window. I ordered a coffee and a glass of white wine, in which we were told a large glass is in fact a standard glass...! The wine came and was slammed on the table, the coffee came separately and she forgot the water we asked for. The place is dirty, with dirty windows and an unpleasant smell. The staff were italian and not one smiled or was polite. Getting the bill was a fuss and the 'small' (nonnas large) glass of wine was more expensive than in London. One does not mind paying the prices in a nice wine bar, but not this seedy dump. I will never set foot in there again and I will ensure every one I know knows how awful this place is.

3  Thank pixidoll

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at Nonnas. Your feed back is very important and helps us to improve our standards. Regarding the wine situation there was a mix confusion as we have recently changed our wine measurements due to customers request, as now we do two types of measures 125 ml and 175 ml. I hope you will reconsider coming back to Nonnas as we take all feed back very seriously.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in Sheffield for a night as we were visiting Chatsworth so we decided to eat at Nonnas on the Sunday evening. My husband used to go to University in Sheffield and had always talked about Nonnas and how much he loved the food. And it definitely lived up to his description. The staff were immediately friendly and welcoming, the food was delicious - the pizza in particular was really good and the desserts were the best we've had, the coffee too was like a real Italian macchiato - the setting is lovely (we walked there from a nearby park) and the restaurant itself is comfortable, clean and a really great place to eat. I cannot praise it enough. Lovely place, highly recommended :)

Thank you so much for your feed back. It means a lot to us, as we strive always to improve our standards.