“Delicious food - great atmosphere”
Review of Nonnas

Nonnas
Ranked #192 of 1,490 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nonnas Sheffield on the restaurant scene since 1996. We love great food, great wine & great service.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recommended by my son, we had a great evening. Service could be described as less formal but more fun. Food was very good with bold Italian flavours, the wine they recommended was so good, I bought another bottle to take home. The restaurant was full with a great atmosphere. Will go back when next in Sheffield.

NonnasSheffield, Owner at Nonnas, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you had a pleasant evening at Nonnas.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nonnas has been known to me for many years. Many people inSheffield think it is the place to be, and still frequent here.
I took an old friend in here for a glass of wine after a school reunion up the road. We were told we had to stand in the bar by a rude female waitress who could not even smile. My friend commented it smelt of toilets and wanted to sit in the cafe. The waitress seemed to frown at this but ushered us to the window. I ordered a coffee and a glass of white wine, in which we were told a large glass is in fact a standard glass...! The wine came and was slammed on the table, the coffee came separately and she forgot the water we asked for. The place is dirty, with dirty windows and an unpleasant smell. The staff were italian and not one smiled or was polite. Getting the bill was a fuss and the 'small' (nonnas large) glass of wine was more expensive than in London. One does not mind paying the prices in a nice wine bar, but not this seedy dump. I will never set foot in there again and I will ensure every one I know knows how awful this place is.

3  Thank pixidoll

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at Nonnas. Your feed back is very important and helps us to improve our standards. Regarding the wine situation there was a mix confusion as we have recently changed our wine measurements due to customers request, as now we do two types of measures 125 ml and 175 ml. I hope you will reconsider coming back to Nonnas as we take all feed back very seriously.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in Sheffield for a night as we were visiting Chatsworth so we decided to eat at Nonnas on the Sunday evening. My husband used to go to University in Sheffield and had always talked about Nonnas and how much he loved the food. And it definitely lived up to his description. The staff were immediately friendly and welcoming, the food was delicious - the pizza in particular was really good and the desserts were the best we've had, the coffee too was like a real Italian macchiato - the setting is lovely (we walked there from a nearby park) and the restaurant itself is comfortable, clean and a really great place to eat. I cannot praise it enough. Lovely place, highly recommended :)

Thank you so much for your feed back. It means a lot to us, as we strive always to improve our standards.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to Nonna's for our son's 21st birthday. Initially it was just booked for 3 of us and ended up being 6 because one by one of his flat mates turned up. Nonna's were really good about us keep changing our booking at the very last minute and did their best to accommodate us. It was a really busy night but they fitting us all in and the food and service was superb! Thank you

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We've been visiting Nonnas since it first opened and before it started adding bits of extensions on and there and the standard of food never disappoints - it is delicious and I've never eaten anything here that wasn't first class.
However, the decor is a little tired and dated and I'm not keen on the brand of espresso which is being used at the moment but my biggest criticism is the snobbery and the people who decree whether you are worthy of sitting at a Nonnas table!!
You go in and there are a host of 'dahlings' who like to be seen as the Sheffield glitterati and who probably can't tell the difference between frozen lasagne and Nonnas authentic ragu made pasta dishes but they fit the image. The genuine foodies don't need to wear their Hong Kong Rolex watches but they are reviewed by the Nonnas manager before he says 'let me see if I can give you a table' when the whole of the back room is empty . . . And the foodies are definitely consigned to the back room!!
The same pretention doesn't exist at Chesterfield Nonnas thank goodness, let's hope it stays that way!!!