“My favourite restaurant in Sheffield”
Review of Moran's Restaurant - CLOSED

Moran's Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in Sheffield”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

In my view Moran's is the best restaurant in Sheffield at the moment. The menu is great and the quality of food never disappoints. Nice atmosphere, well priced even better for midweek 5-10-5 long may it reign :)

“Roquefort Souffle Lovliness..mmm”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A treat on special friends, turned into a delightful experience!
On a Wednesday evening we we're greeted by very gracious staff, and seated in a very busy restaurant..
The food was beyond my expectation, congratulations to the owner and staff.
The souffle was as it should be, light and morish. My main course of belly pork, again outstanding. I will return, when I have saved up, not to say it was too expensive, how can you put a cost on perfection...

• Visited November 2012
“Lovely”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Following an extremely disappointing evening at The Old Vicarage, my husband took me for a surprise night out to Morans. We only live up the road and so have perhaps felt it might be too close to home but we have been missing out! Lovely contemporary setting, smiling and knowledgeable staff, a real buzz! My husband's mains (veal) were rather over salted - so much it hurt my tongue when I tasted it-,not helped by a LOT of pancetta in the greens, (hence 4out if 5) but overall stunning, delicious food, good wine list and a fun, romantic night out. Recommended for a special occasion or surprise treat!

• Visited November 2012
England
“Quality Food as usual”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate at Moran’s on a Saturday night in October 2012, dining with another couple. It’s a top end Sheffield restaurant, so it’s not the cheapest place, but it’s certainly our favourite restaurant in Sheffield, but some where we only go about 3 times a year. That is, until our lottery numbers come up, when it will be much more regular.

All three courses were excellent. The prawn and soft shell crab in tempura batter starter was as divine. The steak main course was also excellent and a high quality cut of beef, but not cheap at £25.

Good service, a great meal, some lovely Chablis white wine, draft Peroni, good conversation, a good night out. We return next for a Sunday lunch in November, our treat to ourselves, to prepare for the arrival of the winter months.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“top notch”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Moran's and Artisan are my favorite places to eat in Sheffield. Do good deals on week nights as well.