“Excellent quality food in a lovely atmosphere”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Ranked #175 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visited this restaurant for the first time last Friday. We have drove past many times and always said we would go but for some reason never did. We were very impressed!
The decor is very Italian and rustic. The reastaurant is only quite small but had quite a few tables which were nicely spaced so you did not feel like you were sat too close to anybody else. The staff and service was excellent. The menu was quite big with a wide variety of choice at decent prices. There was a large choice of pastas, pizzas, calzones, steak, chicken, lamb and veal dishes. We both had veal but in different sauces and the quality was fantastic. I dont mind paying a bit more for good food and was glad i did this time. For 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts a coffee and 5 alcoholic drinks, the total was £75 and i think it was worth every penny. We will definately be returning in the near future!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

lovely atmosphere if you sit upstairs. downstairs more for bigger parties, and doesnt feel the same. the house red wine is always fabulous, and the food is always great.

1  Thank Tracyw10
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I visited La Scala restaurant last night with a couple of colleagues and I have to say we had a lovely evening. I have been there before and I am always really impressed by the quality of food, value for money and friendly service. I do tend to order the same food when I go, seafood pancakes and whitebait - but it is always very tasty. I would certainly go back again.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We we to la scala for our anniversary, wanted somewhere with a nice atmosphere, romantic. Was a cold cafeteria like space, we were stuck in a corner behind a large table and needed to get up everytime anyone wanted to leave the table. Staff were unfriendly and looked like they didn't want to be there. Had to keep asking for a second drink. The food was disapointing, a calzone which was more bread than filling and a rubbery pasta with no sauce.

4  Thank barlybum
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Not expensive, good service, everything I want when I go out. No silly pretensions, ask for water, the wines are fine, the position is a bit awkward for parking, you'll have to park near the pub opposite and walk, it can feel a bit cramped inside, even though there's plenty of room, so not 5 out of 5.

Don't go to Milanos' next door by mistake, that's a much more upmarket place in every way. If you're out for a superb dining experience and price to match, you'll probably go there instead.