“Beautiful as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marco at Milano

Marco at Milano
Ranked #5 of 1,429 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award Winning Italian Fine Dining Restaurant with a great atmosphere and a beautiful 'Al Fresco' Dining area over looking the park.
“Beautiful as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Another beautiful meal at Milanos! It was a reasonably warm evening (Sat 3rd Aug 2013) so we sat outside for prosecco and olives whilst perusing the menu. Milanos have a standard menu plus individually priced specials printed up, additionally this evening there were extra specials that we were informed of verbally. It was a difficult choice, I was tempted by their wild boat ravioli on the specials, ( as their handmade ravioli is always fabulous) but then I was informed they had some beautiful prawns as an extra special...I opted for these served in their shell after being cooked with chilli and garlic...I love seafood and wasn't disappointed; beautifully cooked and plump juicy, sweet and tasty! My husband had wild boar orecchiette (one from the printed specials) which was sublime! To follow, we both opted for dishes from the printed specials: mine was sea bass served on fresh spinach with scallops, my husbands was baked cod with prawns (forgive me but he's not here to double check the other accompaniments to his meal). As always, Milanos serve vegetables with the meal...usually it's 3 different items but on this occasion it was 2 unless you count red and yellow peppers as 2 different items...which we had alongside roasted new potatoes...all lovely...though if you get a chance to try their roasted carrots they are beautiful too!
We were a bit full for dessert, so opted for coffee/ tea...my only criticism is that it would be nice to have the option of home made truffles or petit fours (you know...for the times when you can't do justice to a pud, but a little sweet treat would be nice,) however, they have just introduced a menu or various grappa which we were enlighten to and were given a sample to try.
Attentive service, without being overly formal or fussy! Another lovely evening here!

2 Thank RLWS10

Sheffield England
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited Marco's for the first time on Saturday evening with my family ,the service and food were amazing ,we will be back very soon .

1 Thank mwe2
Sheffield, England
“What a great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This must be one of the finest Italian restaurant outside of Italy. The quality of the food, the ot standing service and the uniqueness of eating in a very classy development of an old police station makes a meal really something to remember. We will certainly be visiting again soon!

1 Thank Banjopat
“Tanti Auguri a me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Having heard that Marco at Milano was the finest Italian restaurant in Sheffield I chose it for my birthday meal. I was not let down.

Outside seating is available in an environment that is not expected in Sheffield; spacious, clean, a blend of rustic and classy. I look forward to seeing it in winter when the heaters and lighting are fired up.

The attentive service was polite and correct with a good knowledge of the food and wines. We neither waited too long nor felt rushed at any point.

The food was superb, typical Italian strong romantic sauce to accompany the meat. On all courses the garnish was not just complementary it matched and completed the dish. The price was low for such a well thought out menu.

Definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kered999
“Always excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Beautiful evening and four of us ate outside on the terrace, fantastic food particularly the specials menu this time. Always a lovely atmosphere and the staff are wonderful. Great night, great company, great food and service finished off with a bit of port and cheese.

• Visited July 2013