“Best Restaurant in Sheffield” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco at Milano

Marco at Milano
Ranked #5 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award Winning Italian Fine Dining Restaurant with a great atmosphere and a beautiful 'Al Fresco' Dining area over looking the park.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Sheffield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been going to Marco's for quite some time now and have never had a bad meal. When we arrive we are greeted like old friends and the food is beautifully cooked and well presented on the plate. Marco has very high standards which he expects from all his staff. One of the things that makes Marco @ Milano so good is that Marco will turn his hand to anything - sometimes he is in the kitchen cooking then on other occasions he will at front of house serving the customers.

We went there last night to celebrate my husband's birthday and had an absolutely wonderful evening. It was a beautiful, still evening so they served our dinner al fresco, on the verandah. As always, we had a wonderful dining experience and felt thoroughly pampered.

1 Thank Phil-and-Lorrie

Newcastle, Australia
“A Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wonderful service, fabulous friends and excellent food and wine make this a winner every time for me. This will always be my first port of call for a night out with friends in Sheffield. Enjoy a Kir Royal on the terrace before settling down to indulgent dining inside. Just fabulous. Thank you.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Karen D
“Darren's Birthday !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Sheffield .. if not the BEST!
Stunning decor .. Which I understand was an old police station.
Booked a table for 10 persons.. @ 7.45 pm.

The beauty of visiting Marco's mid-week is the great value on the set menu... 3 courses for £25 and you can bring your own drinks!

The old favorite was on the starters lists.. Thai fish cakes with sweet chili jam, for mains I opted for the chicken and for after’s crème brûlée

The mains were served with seasonal vegetables.. the world famous carrots were not served this time .. I spoke to the waiter about it and he said they had just changed them over on the menu this week .. that said he said next time you come.. Phone ahead and they will make some specially ... what a great place.

As we left the restaurant.. Marco said good bye and told me how he makes the carrots with fennel seeds.
I'm going to replicate at home.. but I don't think they will be anything like Marco's.

In all .. I had a great night with great friends!!

Thank-you Marco.. and big thank-you to your staff for looking after us.

We will return.

2 Thank darren_hunt
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Sisters 60th birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent food service was 1st class will definitely recommend to friends
Value for money must visit again soon

2 Thank Desna L
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Italian - TA does it again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My fiancee and I decided on the spur of the moment to go out for dinner one Saturday and after ruling out another restaurant, decided to try Marco at Milano. We booked for an early dinner and arrived on a sunny June evening (yes, we did have one!)

We were able to sit out in the courtyard/veranda area and choose our food, whilst enjoying a drink in the sunshine. For starters, my fiancee chose Risotto di cinghiale e zafferano and I chose Parfait di fegatini di pollo. very delicate and tasty, and superbly presented.

For wine we chose the Salice Salentino (which was excellent) to go with our mains; Faraona con erbe miste e limoncello for her, Agnello alla brace con salsa alla cacciatore e pure di patate for me. Again, both were perfectly cooked, well presented, and throughout the service was impeccable.

Finally, I chose the Crème Brulee and my fiancee a brandy to finish.

All in all, a very pleasant surprise and well deserving of the excellent reviews on TA. 2 more very happy customers - we will be back!

• Visited June 2013