“First visit to Marco at Milano”
Review of Marco at Milano

Marco at Milano
Ranked #6 of 1,500 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Award Winning Italian Fine Dining Restaurant with a great atmosphere and a beautiful 'Al Fresco' Dining area over looking the park.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I and my sister in law and brother in law went for my birthday. The food was great. The service was great. All in all a brilliant evening. Can't wait to go again.

GandDClarke

1  Thank gillianclarke

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food is fantastic here and the service is of high standard. Its expensive but worth it. The fillet steak is cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend for a special occasion treat.

2  Thank Lydia R
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been to Marco at Milano before,
This meal excelled, I was talked into having a wild boar chirizo risotto as a starter, cooked to perfection, and my new favourite.
My main course was Guinea fowl with limoncillo sauce, the breast had a crispy skin, it was served on a bed of wilted spinage.. awesome, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
We had an excellent night, romantic, terrific staff, great music... ohh and wonderful company, but I'm not sharing him with any of you!!
Don't think about trying Marco at Milano's, just do it, you won't be disappointed.
Two course for under £18!

1  Thank Angie R
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A big thank you to Marco and his team for the fantastic meal on Saturday night. I always get excited when my partner treats me to a meal here. The service is first class. We started the night with a glass of prosecco and a canape which was an explosion of flavours in my mouth, fabulous! We had a pasta seafood starter and enjoyed steak for our main meals which melted in your mouth, truly heaven. With every mouthful I let out a mmmmmm......... magnificent!! This is an occasion restaurant but I urge you to just try and spoil yourselves after all dining out in style is an occasion. First class!!! Love it.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booking a restaurant for a special occasion can be a difficult and potentially dangerous activity but dining at Marco's you can guarantee that you will have a special night. The firm's annual dinner for 21 guests was a challenge set for Marco's team. We started with canapés to eat whilst enjoying a glass of champagne followed by a three course special prepared menu. From the menu were six choices of starters and mains, the desert was picked from the a la carte menu.

The canapés were absolutely delicious, and the sixty three plates of food that made up the meal for the group were all devoured with gusto and total appreciation for the excellence that the kitchen had provided. The devilled chicken livers were a triumph,the pasta with wild boar sausage superb, the steaks were melt in the mouth cooked to perfection, the sea food fresh and tasty, all dishes were wonderful.

By the time we had finished eating the wonderful deserts all my guests had experienced a truly wonderful evening which they will talk about for weeks to come. A special mention for the staff who provided a first class friendly service for such a large party which is not always easy given the numbers involved.

So, returning to my initial comments, a difficult dangerous decision, not anymore, I am booking next years annual dinner to be at Marco's again. Easy!

1  Thank RandGClark