“food as good as ever, but remains expensive, service tad on the slow side” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TGI Friday's - Sheffield

TGI Friday's - Sheffield
Ranked #249 of 1,417 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Central American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beverley, United Kingdom
“food as good as ever, but remains expensive, service tad on the slow side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

we like tgi fridays and this has become our regular choice. strangely even during the week it is now absolutely packed out! and we had to wait 30 mins for a table, we wernt too unhappy as we had time to try a cocktail. we were seated in a good location which was not as noisey as other areas( you dont go to these places for a quiet meal anyway). atmosphere was great as usual. service was on the slow side but our steaks were cooked exactly as we asked. it remains very good for steaks etc i just wish they were a little bit quicker getting the food out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Be wary of busy times”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Been to this TGI's loads of times, and yes the food is good, expensive and over priced, but good. I always plan to go when I know it won't be busy...however recently I visited with a group of 5 at 7pm on a weeknight and jesus christ is was rammed....we were seated quickly however the service we received was poor, the starters took 30 minutes and then the food was another 35 mins after that. Now I'm not being funny its not exactly hard food to cook. Its the basics; chips, burgers, ribs, chicken, and I honestly think that at busy times in this TGIs and others there needs to be more staff on as they cannot handle the amount of customers.

This did spoil our night or celebrating as we had to wait ages for food, ages for refills, there was never a waiter when you needed one.

So be wary of busy times as it can spoil your meal.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank BL7109
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Never ever again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I actually previously posted this on the Meadowhall restaurant page, this is a review for the "restaurant" on the way into Meadowhall on the main road.

We got there to see about 5 members of staff having a "fag" outside. We went in only to have to wait nearly 10 minutes for a member of staff to come and tell us where to sit (obviously too busy chatting outside).
After this we waited yet again to order. Drinks....first 2 I ordered were sold out. We then chose a starter each and a main meal each. I'll quite happily admit the starters were fine. No problems there. I ordered a Philly cheesesteak sandwich and my partner a JD burger.
I've been to Philadelphia and had a philly cheesesteak from many places. This one was dire. Minutesteaks in the worst bland cheese sauce I've ever had the misfortune to eat. The steak so chewy I ended up with most of it half chewed and hid under a napkin. My partner's burger was only lukewarm and her fries were absolutely stone cold. We complained at the time to be told that they could make us another burger and chips but it would be the same long wait as the first and that she agreed that the Philly cheesesteak wasn't good but that was how it was!

I also complained by email and was told that the staff would be told not to smoke at the front of the store, so obviously they didn't actually care that there were no staff in the restaurant for ten minutes and no mention on the email about the quality issues. Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

I already thought the place wasn't good, I went due to my partner wanting to go. I've always thought it was overpriced for the less than mediocre fayre. Never ever again. Ever.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank swordfish1969
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

excellent food as always and staff helpfull and friendly, service was quick and really handy next to premier inn meadowhall

Visited August 2013
shropshire
“Wear ear defenders”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to this place 4 times now.

3 x because I was staying in the Premmy Inn next door and 1 x because my daughter wanted to go.

I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AAGAIN.

It might be the atmosphere they strive for ... but whenever I've been it's always VERY noisy and full of screeching kids.

The food is ok ... but hugely over-priced.

• Visited July 2013