“Poor service, poor food...”

ASK Italian - Sheffield
Ranked #271 of 1,490 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Sheffield is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Sheffield menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I booked a table before a midweek event at the City Hall. We usually go to Zizzi's but because there was an offer on we thought we'd give it a try.

The staff were poor except one man but unfortunately he wasn't serving us. The staff seemed too laid back and disinterested in giving good customer service.

My husband was happy with his pizza but my carbonara was flavourless even with the pancetta.

The offer that we was going to use via an app didn't work as the signal was poor for us (not sure if it was just our network or all networks) so staff told us to try round the corner…the only bit of decent/helpful service we got that night. Unfortunately the voucher still didn't work but that's our fault not theirs!

I think if it was just the staff that was poor (or just the food) I think I wouldn't have been as bothered but because both the staff and the food just lacked I think we will be going back to Zizzi when we are near the City Hall.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had a lovely evening with my sister, staff were lovely and attentive, food was excellent, meatballs terrific, probably the best Ask i've visited in last two years, will definitely return.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The service was fab, waiter very pleasant and the wine was nice for the price we paid but the Pizza wasn't enjoyable. Very, very salty - I would recommend Zizzi and Pizza Express over this restaurant.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I don's usually/often frequent chains (makes me sound a real snob!) but I have been to ASK twice recently, once with friends who had an offer and with my grandkids on Frightnight. Both times we have had pizza and it has been great. The staff are lovely even when it is very busy.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was the first time I have been to Ask, and was very pleasantly surprised.
In a good location (near the city hall), great customer service, nice and clean decor. And a very big plus was they catered for people with gluten problems. I asked as soon as I entered, if they had any gluten free meals, and was seated with a special menu! This is the first place I've been to that had a special menu...lots of choices (even deserts).
I had a pizza and was in heaven! So delicious. Will definitely come again :)