“Local and Fantastic!”

Mediterranean
Ranked #71 of 1,466 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established over 25 years, The Mediterranean Restaurant serves fresh fish and seafood and authentic Spanish tapas. Fully licensed. Open lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday.Tapas available 12 - 2.30pm Monday - Saturday and 5.30pm - 10pm Monday to Thursday.A la carte menu and specials available Monday - Saturday lunch and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Please call to make a reservation.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local and Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Iv lived around the corner from the Mediterranean for years and have never popped in before, i came in the other evening with my wife and was incredibly surprised, the restaurant itself was small but cosy and with the staff being friendly and helpful this provided the perfect atmosphere. I myself am a huge fan of seafood and was not let down at all, in particular the paella was delicious. Will definitely be returning and making it my local! Would recommend to anyone in Sheffield!!

1 Thank Jacob S

“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Could not resist trying one of sheffields best restaurants according to trip advisor, and I was very disappointed I found the staff were efficient but very cold one girl in particular clearly didnt want to be at work that day. The mahi mahi was dry overcooked grey and grainey in texture im almost positive this fish was frozen. The waiter did change the dish when we complained and gave me delicious beef medallions. He was alot more attentive and made sure we left happy. Overall ok but definitely not one of sheffields best.

1 Thank tinalouisee
Sheffield
“Are you kidding me?!?”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Third best restaurant in Sheffield? Are you joking? Although the food was nice , this placed is quite tired and dated. The Hunters Bar brigade obviously have quite low standards these days , especially when it comes to toilets!

3 Thank Jamie1889
“Best seafood I've ever had!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Absolutely fantastic king prawns and scallops to start. Followed by superb Red Mullet and Baramondi, both with fresh vegetables and served to us by friendly, helpful staff. Being looking for a great fresh seafood restaurant and now we've found it!! Can't recommend it enough.

1 Thank Ant13e
merseyside
“wow”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Im a fussy eater really but do like fish. My partner, knowing this, suggested we give the Mediterranean a try! Good choice Sweetpea!
Excellent food all round! I ordered the crab topped with ice cream! Couldn't resist as so unusual! Strangely delicious! I'm not a lover of prawns etc, just as well my partner is, he ate those for me!
We decided to stick to fish dishes in a fish restaurant and neither of us disappointed!

Staff very friendly and even though they were busy they had time to explain the entire menu to us!

2 Thank Yvonne S