“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mediterranean

Mediterranean
Ranked #74 of 1,429 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Established over 25 years, The Mediterranean Restaurant serves fresh fish and seafood and authentic Spanish tapas. Fully licensed. Open lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday.Tapas available 12 - 2.30pm Monday - Saturday and 5.30pm - 10pm Monday to Thursday.A la carte menu and specials available Monday - Saturday lunch and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Please call to make a reservation.
merseyside
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Im a fussy eater really but do like fish. My partner, knowing this, suggested we give the Mediterranean a try! Good choice Sweetpea!
Excellent food all round! I ordered the crab topped with ice cream! Couldn't resist as so unusual! Strangely delicious! I'm not a lover of prawns etc, just as well my partner is, he ate those for me!
We decided to stick to fish dishes in a fish restaurant and neither of us disappointed!

Staff very friendly and even though they were busy they had time to explain the entire menu to us!

2 Thank Yvonne S

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I went with family and friends for my birthday last week and it was absolutely delicious. We all chose different dishes from the blackboard and menu and every single dish was faultless. Service was attentive without being intrusive and we felt truly welcome.
I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful evening!

1 Thank emjog
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Delicious tapas, excellent service, reasonable prices. The Mediterranean is the place to go if you like to feel well looked after while enjoying very nice food. The place was humming - we went early in the evening and all the tables filled up while we were there - but the delightful staff made us feel that they were there just for us, a table of two. There really is nowhere else quite as lovely.

Bicester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant initially based on its tripadvisor rating, and, like previous reviewers, very glad we did!

The menu can be seen on the website, but they have an extensive board of additional dishes (starters, mains and desserts). The choices are mainly fish and seafood with a few meat dishes.

The restaurant is busy and has a very nice ambience - the first time we visited live jazz musicians were playing.

The service is absolutely excellent - nothing is too much trouble.

The food is delicious. My fiance had the mahi mahi, I had the red mullet and my friend had the seabass. I've not had a better fish dish anywhere.

Prices are reasonable - about £5 for a starter and £14-18 for a main course (including accompanying vegetables etc). Portion sizes are in my view perfect, certainly not too small! The wine list is also reasonably priced.

I would throughly recommend this restaurant - we loved it so much we booked straight away for the following evening!

• Visited March 2013
Odiham, United Kingdom
“Visited based on its trip advisor rating.... and glad we did!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch on Good Friday, impressed with service, food and cosy atmosphere ( we sat adjacent to the open fire). We ate of the tapas menu - out favourite was the monkfish kebabs. Service throughout was great. If we come again we will book, and probably ask for a window seat. Definitely worth a try.