“Brilliant meal and great customer service”
Review of Damon's

Damon's
Ranked #441 of 1,482 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Damon's is a great family restaurant serving English and American cuisine from Fish and Chips to Lobster. Enjoy our famous signature dishes, our Onion Loaf starter and our succulent Damons ribs, we have a wide range of Cocktails and Mocktails all to be enjoyed with a classic American Vibe. We have a wide range of year round promotions including Kids eat free - Monday to Saturday 12-6p.m., O.A.P. discount- 12-6p.m. Monday to Friday, Cocktail Time-Half price cocktails and house wines plus 25% off soft drinks Monday to Friday, An Early Dinner combo special 12-6 Monday to Saturday and of course the Birthday promotion-Receive a free main course, dessert and a birthday card entitling you to 30% off your next visit on yours and a guests main meals. Don't forget to make sure your waiter/waitress sings to you on your birthday, our wait staff will happily embarrass your loved ones on their special day. Please ensure you bring Identification to show it is your birthday and your birthday does need to be on the day of your birthday. Please book to avoid disappointment. From all at Damons Sheffield, we sincerely hope you enjoy your visit.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just got to Damons, just before cocktail hour finished. which i received a spectacular cocktail with umbrellas and fruit, which made me feel like a little kid again. Then for the main meal I had a full rack of BBQ ribs which were mouth watering. I was too full for a dessert as I had filled up on the onion loaf and complementary bread. I would recommend Damons to any of my friends.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Damon's buffalo chicken wings would be my desert island food. the food here is gorgeous and they do takeaway so you dont have to sit in (the restaurant is getting a bit dated now, very 90's-faux 50's)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My first visit to this restaurant was held three years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised by a) the speed of service, b) the size of the portion, c) a great taste and quality of food. Now, after 3 years, all of the above may be mentioned only with a minus sign. Disgusting taste of ribs (we have not been able to determine the source of an unpleasant odor and taste), in any case, we refused to eat it.
I honestly do not want to describe in detail the hideous dinner, the biggest disappointment was the fact that it happened in our wedding anniversary ...

Just spend your money on something else

2  Thank 388_AnnaB_
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It is 17 years since I first visited Damons and the ribs were great then, in the intervening years I have got older and fatter but coming back to Damons was a walk down memory lane. Great ribs and good service but it does get very busy with lots of parties.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We arrived at 5.30 to enjoy the cocktail offer with complimentary hors d'oevres as promoted on the website. We weren't expecting much but we had promised our grandson a treat sat on a bar stool so felt Damons would fit the bill. On arrival we saw an empty tureen. The staff said all the food had gone and hurriedly cleared the tureen away. It appears the complimentary snacks were chicken wings.....not what I would have expected as hors d'oevres. And once gone that was it. No offer of a few crisps to compensate or olives etc. in fact we were made to feel slightly uncomfortable for even expecting that more would be brought out. So we decided not to eat there. We we t to Damons purely on the website write up. A clear case of marketing over substance.