Couch Eccy Road
Ranked #428 of 1,497 Restaurants in Sheffield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Tried the breakfast options - 1x Eggs Benedict and 1x Bacon Sandwich- v tasty.
The coffee was good. V pleasant waitress, didn't have to wait long for the food to arrive.
Looks a good addition to the Eccles. Road range of breakfast options.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat my daughter to lunch on a Friday afternoon. We opted for the pulled pork sandwich & vegetarian flatbread. The pulled pork was dry & tasteless. I had to really chew on it & get it down with a glug of coffee as it was so dried out. Not what I was expecting really. The flat bread was ok but the topping was sparse & hidden by a bunch of rocket. We then had cake. A carrot cake which was deliciously moist & tasty & an Oreo brownie which was very very dry & crumbly. Not a brownie at all just a piece of stale cake. I think £23 for a can of pop, coffee, 2 (small) mains & 2 pieces of cake is overly priced for the rubbish quality. I didn't complain as the waitresses were too busy chatting at the counter & never bothered to ask " is everything ok"? Will not be returning

1  Thank bladess26
Mikeytech, Manager at Couch Eccy Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hi Bladess26,

We were really sorry to hear about your poor experience in our Ecclesall Rd Couch. We are committed to trying to provide the best possible customer service and quality food but it looks like on this occasion we have failed to do so.

So far we have received very positive feedback and wish to continue this so I wondered if you could email me at hello@couchstuff.co.uk and we can discuss your visit in more detail.

Kind regards

Mikey

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Called in just after this place opened for a girls lunch. There is a good choice and I was impressed by how fresh all the food was. Bread was very tasty. Beautifully presented and the staff were very attentive. Coffee is great and a nice atmosphere. My only negative would be that it needs air conditioning or fans at least, it was uncomfortably stuffy in there. Oh and what a design flaw - no outdoor seating?!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Thought we'd check this new place out on a sunday afternoon for a lunch.

The bill which came to £25 for a salad, 3 small dishes of tapas and two coffees which seems a bit steep for a lunch.

The menu sounded quite exciting and interesting although the execution of the food was very poor,
bland tasting and unimaginative.
The pulled pork & soy dressing consisted mainly just of noodles & no dressing.
The Avocado lime and prawn tapas was almost entirely just mushed up avocado.
The Couch potato tapas was very greasy and soaked in oil.

2  Thank dawson_25

Hi Dawson_25,

We were really sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at our Ecclesall Road Couch. So far we have had really good feedback so to see this on Tripadvisor was surprising and dismaying.

We'd like to hear more about what we could do to improve what we do, would it be possible for you to email me at hello@couchstuff.co.uk so we can discuss what exactly could be done in future to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Kind regards