“Lovely food - a tad expensive without a Groupon voucher”
Review of Couch

Couch
Ranked #610 of 1,447 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
sheffield, uk
“Lovely food - a tad expensive without a Groupon voucher”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My partner and I recently visited with a Groupon Voucher so thought we would give it a go. We went on a Tuesday afternoon, after work, the place wasn't very busy but the atmosphere is nice and relaxing. The staff seemed very helpful and friendly. The food was lovely although I would never pay £8.95 for an upmarket ploughmans. The Erdinger weissbier was £3.90, the small glass of Pinot Grigio was £4.95 and the pulled pork hot sandwich was over £6. All of the food and drinks were very good, and great value with the voucher, but I can't foresee a revisit without a voucher or a price change.

South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Saturday breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

As with many other reviewers on here we had a Groupon voucher. Our was for 2 breakfasts with a hot drink so as we were in tie nearly anyway we decided to start the day with our Couch breakfast. There was no vegetarian breakfast advertised but when we asked the guy who served us was happy to do us a vegetarian one. It was, however, disappointing. No vege sausages, just the normal full English but without the sausage and bacon! Felt a bit cheated on that to be honest. My husband didn't like his poached eggs or the baked beans (people seem to rave about the beans) but I was happy with both. We asked for a portion of toast as this wasn't included and were brought 2 portions! When we went to present or voucher and pay for extra toast, I told the guy that we had only asked for one and he happily only charged us for one. The coffee was wonderful, a generously sized cup and fantastic flavour. The decor in Couch is great. Felt a bit like a loft apartment-type space with a mixture of different seating and funky lighting. Service was very good and all in all it was a good experience and I would definitely go back for coffee and cake or maybe try the lunch menu.

Sheffield England
“Good Food - relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We came here straight from work one evening for tea following the purchase of a Groupon voucher. To be honest I didn't even know the place was there until I bought the voucher. Food is more lunch time and tea time than evening meal, so suited us fine straight from work. Food was very nice and service good.
Will definitely return maybe for a breakfast next time!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We went on a sunday morning for breakfast. We had a groupon voucher £8 for two meals and a drink the food was good tasty sausages lovely homemade beans and great homemade hashbrown. Tea came in a teapot and you got 2 1/2 cups out of it. The only disappointment was we asked for our tea when the food came and had to ask them twice eventually coming when we had nearly finished our food. Without the groupon voucher breakfast with tea and toast was just over £10 probably abit expensive but quality ingredients and would return but not every week unless with a voucher.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Chilled out atmosphere”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I recently visited Couch on Campo Lane. I had purchased a Groupon Voucher so thought we would give it a go. We went on a Saturday afternoon, the place wasn't very busy but the atmosphere is nice and relaxing. The staff seemed helpful and although the place has only been open for 2 months we thought it could've been busier. The food was nice although I would never pay £8.95 for a ploughmans even if the sundried tomatoes do come in a fancy jar!! All in all an ok place to eat but far too overpriced... I can't see it lasting if they don't review their prices.

• Visited May 2014