“Unexpectedly good. A pleasant surprise.”
Review of Il Cuciniere - CLOSED

Il Cuciniere
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I bought a voucher for the Il Cuciniere. I have in the past been disappointed with these deals as often the restaurant provides a sub standard menu to compensate for the much reduced price. However this didn't happen at Il Cuciniere and I will happily pay full price next visit. Our starters and mains were first class. We even picked a wine deal from the specials board.
This is genuine Italian to the point where language was a slight problem, but one easily got round by pointing at the menu.
They were really nice folks despite us not spending much at all in the restaurant. There is even free parking right outside the front door..

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Having written reviews of what I believe are fantastic restaurants in and around Sheffield, Il Cuciniere adds to the list, great friendly service, and tasty food. Like a phoenix from the ashes of the old Portofino it is the same decor but the welcome is so friendly and a great night out. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Only just been and had a meal at this restaurant and was really excellent. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Definitely be coming back again

Reviewed May 14, 2014

visited this restaurant with a livingsocial voucher and paid 9 quid for a starter and two mains, with the quality and amount of food i did feel a little guilty paying so little was gorgeous food and will be returning without a voucher

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I first went to Il Cuciniere when it was under the new ownership but still under the old name on Trip Adviser.I said then we would go back and we weren't disappointed.I think it was even better as there were more people in,so the atmosphere was warmer,but service was still superb.The restaurant is back to how it was years ago,when we first started going in.The food is great,and comes very quick even though, as I said,there were quite a few diners that night. Waiters couldn't be more helpful and the whole evening was very enjoyable,as it was just an impulse visit without booking a table.Thanks to all at Il Cuciniere on night of 30/04/14.John B Sheffield.