1,085 results
All reviews sheffield arena single bunk rooms are basic ice rink per night what it says on the tin attending a concert tram stop ideal location reception area one night stay short stay would stay again double room city centre excellent value for money harvester
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

Totally affordable. I love ibis because every hotel is the same. Modern but basic. Rooms small and the shower is actually in the room itself so make sure your comfortable staying with the people in your room. Hotel very Clean.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
LuisOrtinGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

Dear guest,

thank you! Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! I will share your nice comments with all my team, who will be glad to know that their job is so well considered.

Thank you, and see you soon!

ibis Budget Sheffield

Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

This is the Ryan Air version of a hotel room, I was pleasantly surprised it included bedding + a TV with remote! Drinks + snacks are available from vending machines in reception and pizza can be ordered if you need more. A food complex at Centertainment, a 3 minute walk away, will provide you with most types of cuisine you could desire. I highly recommend the Harvester Restaurant there for a full hot breakfast rather than paying £5.50 for a continental at the hotel (there is no cooked breakfast option)!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback, and for its constructive tone. I am sorry if you were not pleasantly surprised by your stay, as this is our objective being a budget option.

Reviewed November 14, 2016

Due to certain occasion I had to stay some nights in this hotel. The rooms are small but surprisingly enough space for 3 bed. But for three people it's definitely not big enough. The rooms are clean and quite quiet.
You can buy drinks at the reception.
I will not stay in this hotel again but it's ok if you are looking for a low budget hotel in Sheffield. I have seen hotels with lower quality.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to see that you did not find our hotel suitable for your needs, but I really appreciate your comments, and I will be looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Reception was difficult to understand, car park was tiny and we were told to park next door for an extra pound on top of the expected £4. Room was tiny. Toilet was in a cuboard. Shower and sink were pretty much in the room and the room smelt damp. Bed was rock hard. One measly little flat pillow each. For B&B prices I think I'd rather stay in a B&B even though I'm not usually keen on them! It was a bit like being in a single cabin on a cruise ship without any of the nice extras! Just a short walk to the arena, that was literally what got it the 2 stars.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments. I am very sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations, especially regarding the product itself (comfort of bed). Regarding your comments about the flat pillows, I have already place an order to get new ones and get rid of those too flat, so thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel, it's basic but it what's you expect for a budget hotel. The rooms are basic but are decent for what you pay for.
Heating as a major issue in this hotel, 2nd time and the heating isn't working. Not great when it's freezing in the south of Yorkshire. Went to reception and got told sorry, no offer for a heater or anything. Very poor customer service.

Check in can be very clunky, we was lucky and got checked in quick but there was a lot of customers complaining about waiting for rooms with reception saying sorry it's busy. Not great when there is a concert people want to attend. Staff are friendly but seem to not able to cope when it's busy or with complaints.

There is a 24/7 food service for pizza, sandwiches and drink which is great.

Location is fantastic if you are attending Sheffield Arena or Ice Sheffield events, there is Centertainment not too far away (5mins walk) for Cinema and restaurants such as Harvester, Frankie & Bennys etc.

Meadowhall shopping centre is a short tram ride away.

Tram stop 3minutes walk away beside Sheffield Arena.

This could be a fantastic hotel just a shame a few issues let it down.
I'll most likely go to Premier Inn across the road till they improve.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Andrew,

thank you very much for such a constructive feedback. Even if it is not always positive, we like to receive this kind of comments, as it is the only way to improve. Also, I can assure you that we are listening to every single comment our guests make. So for example, regarding the issue you mention about not coping when it's busy, I will now make sure that there is extra staff on site every time a concert is taking place at the Arena. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.