“Excellent location for arena”

Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed overnight with my daughter as we were going to arena. I booked a twin room. on arrival staff very friendly and helpful. Car park in hotel only cost £4.00 for the night advised that it would get full and could not guarantee a space if left and came back. Got a taxi to meadow hall and got the tram back as is close to hotel. Room basic but spotlessly clean with fresh bedding, breakfast only cost £4.95 per person average continental breakfast but good for price.
I would definitely recommend this basic but clean hotel which is an excellent for arena.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not roadside and on level 2 or above
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis budget in Sheffield.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The hotel was clean ..thats the good part over with..It is the first time that I have visited any hotel in the world and had to pay £4 to stay in their car park... Dont go to the shower or toilet if you are claustraphobic...Take your own pillows unless you like sleeping on a wafer thin single pillow....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Please accept our apologies and be assured that we are looking into the matter. Please give me a call to discuss things at your convenience.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Paid 28 pound(plus a 4 quid car park charge) for one night here, for the night after a concert at the arena.

positive points: Cheap, excellent location, good shower

bad points: horribly hard bed, very basic(sink in the bedroom), no tea or coffee facilities

When you take into account the car park charge (theres a premier inn over the road with free parking), extra cost if you want a tea or coffee in the morning, I would rather stay at the premier inn as the end cost difference is negligible.

If you aren't bothered where you stay or sleep, this place is clean and excellently placed for the arena.

This certainly lives up to the "budget" title

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveC1984

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Lovely clean room, small but not too small, only thing I would add is tea/coffee making equipment in the rooms. Wifi didn't work which was a shame but did not affect our stay. Stayed here after a mcbusted concert. Would definitely stay again. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lovely little hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis budget in sheffield. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Precisely what you want from a budget hotel - low prices and clean, comfortable basic amenities, plus a great location for the Sheffield Arena and the Meadowhall shopping complex. Reception staff were courteous, friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to help when we found ourselves blocked into our parking space (through no fault of the hotel's). My only minor quibble is that although coffee and tea can be purchased from reception 24/7, there are no kettles in the rooms. I would happily have paid a surcharge for a kettle and provided my own tea and milk. This might not be an issue for someone slightly less obsessed with tea than I am!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

We at the ibis budget in Sheffield very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leandro carter.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We choose this hotel for the location first and price second. Neither disappointed. It is a stone throw away from the Motorpoint Arena, which was were our Venue was. Check in was quick and professional. The room, we had a twin, was great. Had to pay £4.00 for their secure car park. But that was fine with us. Close to Meadowhall Shopping centre too

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis budget in Sheffield very soon.

Leandro carter

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great hotel Great Staff Great Price. I stayed for the British Open Wrestling Championships last weekend and found everything in the hotel to be satisfactory for the price I paid. Many thanks for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis budget in Shefield again very soon.
Leandro Carter