Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$69
Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)
$101
$96
  • Pool
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$66
$46
$37
$109
$63
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Breakfast included
$70
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssheffield arenatravel kettlerooms are basicice rinkplace to sleepper nightshower doorwhat it says on the tincontinental breakfastattending a concertminute walktram stopideal locationshort stayone night stayall you can eatwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

staying at an ibis for the first time July 20th 2013 during the tramlines festival.
I was woken at 3 am by noise in the corridor and went to investigate.
Apparently opposite my room was a stag party returning and the security staff had confronted them regarding their noise levels. There was no noise until security banged on their door - which I explained and was met with foul language and one security man placing his foot in my doorway so I was unable to close it.
I felt very unsafe and reported the matter to the police.
I complained to the manageress whom blamed me for the disruption - disgusting.
I will not stay ibis again.

• Stayed: July 2013
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Budget Hotel Sheffield Arena appreciate your feedback, though, as we discssed on your day of check out the security team are here to ensure that noise is kept to a minimum to ensure that other guests staying in the hotel are not disturbed. As discussed you were spoken to by security team due to the unacceptable noise levels and were asked to keep these noise levels to a minimum as other guests were being disturbed. The hotel operates a zero tollerence policy of noise and I am disappointed that you feel that being asked to be quite in respect of other guests was unacceptable.
Kind regards,
Rachel Heathcote,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed July 21, 2013

For £25 per night this hotel was fantastic!

We wanted an affordable city break and Ibis came up tops for us.....

Located less than 5 mins from the tram station this hotel ticked all the right boxes..... rooms were clean, comfortable and exactly like French Ibis Budget hotels (former Etap) except the service and breakfast was much better.

I know that people say breakfast is expensive, it is self-service so you can eat as much as you want too!

The staff were helpful and friendly.

The only downside is the tiny car park, it gets full early.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MecAnglais

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield again very soon.
Kind regards,
Rachel Heathcote

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having an appointment early the next day at Sheffield Uni, we booked a cheap hotel as we needed 3 rooms. Using TA I found Ibis had reasonable reviews so booked online via their website.
Found the hotel easy enough but as a tip to those not in the know, the car park although visible from the road does not seem to have any access until you have driven past it. You need to slow down (it is a major road) and access via the next road along and come back on yourself.
You could park on the access road for free but we decided to use their car park and pay the extra £3 for a bit more security.
Reception was friendly and efficient and our three rooms all on the ground floor pretty much together. So look this is a budget hotel – therefore my expectations were not high but I was very pleasantly surprised with the layout and design of the rooms. Everything you need, shower, sink, loo, double bed (with single above) place to hang clothes, desk, widescreen TV. All very neat and tidy and very clean.
Room also had very efficient A/C (necessary as 30 degrees outside) and a rather impressive lighting system, all accessible from the bed. Also something akin to strip lights found in cinemas where when all the room lights were off there was a faint glow from the middle of the wall, not bright enough to disturb but I would imagine useful in an emergency.
Issues – well the A/C went off at midnight – if this is Ibis policy I would suggest you tell guests this as firstly I naturally thought it had broken, so spent 10 mins twice fiddling (heating still worked but excess to requirements) then it became unbearably hot. Then when I opened the window the room was too bright and we were woken at 5am by “this vehicle is reversing”. I guess it saves money but not a great idea. Then there are the mattresses – I like a firm mattress but this is like camping but flatter. Very hard, I am huge so have inbuilt padding but my poor wife got up in the night and borrowed the duvet from the bed above and slept on top of that. A good idea apart from this making her even hotter! Similar issues with the other guests in our party.
Did not want to pay for their breakfast but my youngest son had it and it was ok and being replenished often and the tea and coffee selection fine.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Come on Ibis A/C needs to run all night and mattresses are a joke.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HirsuteBuddha

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. Pleae be advised that the hotel operates a air colling system not air conditioning and is operated on a climate controlled system. When the external temperature is +18c then the system will operate cool air and below +18c then the system with operate heating and this will be the reason for the system not oeprating the cool air during the night as noted. The bedroom in which you occupied is a new refurbished room with a new memory foram mattress, new decor, ambient lighting and free view TV. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield in the future.
Kind Regards
Rachel Heathcote

Reviewed July 9, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013