“Helpful staff”

Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have a lot of problem as foreigners in UK and we stay in this hotel. Hotel staff are helpful when we looking for solution. They find solution for us. Excellent service. Hotel manager Rachel is excellent manager. Thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2013
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget Sheffield. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.
Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Positives: Friendly staff, overall cleanliness, cheap rates, next door to Arena.
Negatives: Tiny room, hard hard bed, thin duvet and pillows, small towels, foot noise from room above, no kettle in room, limited parking.
If you're going to a concert at the Arena and don't want to drive home at midnight try the Premier Inn across the road, well worth another £20.

1  Thank MS119

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Budget Sheffield. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and your feedback is appreciated to continually improve our level of service and product.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel to go to the motorpoint arena - absolutely fantastic location. Room VERY basic - shower and sink in your room - toilet in a separate cupboard. Very small very basic but does what it says on the tin. Perfect for what we needed really. Staff friendly and helpful easy checkout. Very limited parking. Food/cinema only a short walk away. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Budget Sheffield and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

this stay was comparable with what i suspect would happen if i didnt pay my council tax!! the only difference between this experience and prison was that i paid £70 for the priviledge!! Room had leak in bathroom which made room smell very foisty, this gradually worsened as room warmed up from its sub zero conditions, the bed was a paving slab wrapped in waterproofing (in case the leak in the bathroom got worse i suspect!) although i was quite impressed that i could throw my 12 stone bodyweight on it without my bed partner even knowing i had moved! to top it off there was no fire alarm so i was unable to test the accuracy of the ''pillow vibrates in event of a fire'' claim posted upon the wall!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Budget Hotel Sheffield Arena appreciate your feedback. I can confirm that the member of staff who dealt with the leak from your sink during your stay did endeavor to rectify this problem; however the repair required special attention from the hotel maintenance who was not available during the night. I am disappointed that the offer to move to an alternative room was declined. I can confirm that the vibrating pillows in the hotel are tested regularly and are only activated upon the sound of the fire alarm.
Once again, i appreciate your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield Arena in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is perfect location for the Motorpoint Arena.
Girl on reception very helpful.
Very basic, but hey it's a budget hotel.
The rooms are ensuite, they are clean and perfect for 1 nights stay.
The beds are a little hard.

• Stayed: March 2013
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Basic but clean. We had a room for 3, it was very basic, no tea/coffee making facilities. Shower is actually in the room, I was traveling with my children so not a problem for us but it would be if you were a bit shy!! Breakfast was not great though, probably not worth the 4.25 Cheap and location good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed with our all you can eat continental buffet breakfast for £4.25 per person.
Rachel Heathcote,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was perfect location for the Motorpoint Arena and Centerpoint and a short walk to tram for Meadowhall. Hotel was very basic but clean just remember to take your own toiletries as there is only towels and a tiny bar of soap.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Budget Sheffield. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.