“basic,clean,convenient”

Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here with my partner for one night as we were attending an event at the arena. The hotel was very clean, staff were helpful and friendly, had no trouble parking right outside the building. The room itself was very small and basic. There was no separate bathroom, the shower opened out into the room and the toilet was tiny, giving no privacy whatsoever. There was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which was disappointing, we had to obtain tokens form reception to use the vending machine at £1.40 and the coffee i had was awful! However, the room was spotless, warm and very convenient for the arena, plenty of food places within walking distance as well as bowling and cinemas. In a nutshell, fine for one, maybe two nights but i wouldn't stay longer than that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

We at the Ibis Budget Sheffield much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good value hotel. Clean and basic.Continental breakfast is available eat as much as you like for £4.25. As we had no car we had good transport links with a bus stop 20 metres away or the tram system about 10 or 15 minute walk . The staff were friendly and helpful.My only gripe would be the bed. It was hard as rock and was waking up with a sore back.That seems to be a price you pay when you stay in most hotels.However. I would recommend the hotel if you want to see a show at the Motor arena and need a place to stay as its a stones throw away and yes I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road if you can
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Budget Sheffield. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great value for a one night stay. Clean and basic is what you get but don't bother with breakfast - there is not enough choice and very little seating. There are plenty of places across the road. Staff are friendly and helpful but the real advantage is if you are seeing a show at the arena which is less than 5 minutes away. Meadowhall is only down the road so a spot of shopping on the way home had to be done. Would recommend for the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget Sheffield in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Ibis Budget Sheffield Arena for a couple of days on February 13. The hotel was at a good location, near enough to the tram. Only 1 5 minutes away from the City Center. The check in was very fast. Very friendly and helpful staff. I have requested a quiet room at the top floor and this was promptly done. Room was very simple, but clean. It was much more than what I expected for what I payed. For just £18 per night, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield again very soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wouldn't have troubled to write anything here but was urged to do so by an email from ibis after I had responded to their own feedback survey.

Key points are: 1. Staff are surely the most responsive, attentive, pleasant chatty interested and helpful I've ever come across in any hotel, whether posh or budget. 2. The metal showerhead flew out of its mounting and hit me in the face when I turned the water on.

Surprised, having said same thing to Ibis, that they urged me to share latter point with the wider world, but there we are ...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Sheffield Arena. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and i will pass your kind words about the hotel staff service onto my team. Apologies, for the problem with the shower head. when informed on your check out about the maintenance problem this was fixed immediately by the hotel maintenance. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RachelHeathcoteGM, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We didnt get to stay the whole night as people in room where banging something on floor constantly! (sounded like a bouncing ball) I informed gentleman on reception who advised us it could be steel works! and that he would look into it. an hour followed and the noise continued so my daughter and myself packed up our belongings and left at appx midnight. We let the gentleman on reception know we were leaving but there was no offer of reimbursement or another room. I have however stayed before and it is certainly good value for money and spotlesslly clean and also very warm. Unfortunately the last stay was not good.

2  Thank Trinchley

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. I can confirm that Foregemasters Steel works is located opposite the hotel and during certain works in which they carry out vibrations can be experiened in the hotel, however, this is infrequent. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Budget Sheffield in the future.
Kind Regards