“a true gem”
Review of The Florentine

The Florentine
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We have stayed in many places and this is right up there, really good food, wine, service.
A true pleasure to be welcomed so warmly.
We went 4 times last year and so look forward to our trips back up north.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2010

Really enjoyed our stay at the Fulwood Inn Hotel. Excellent food and the immaculate room. The hotel is situated on a bus route into Sheffield town centre and also Meadow Hall shopping centre. A good tip from the hotel manager was to buy a day saver ticket which entitled you to use the the bus and metro. We would recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

After staying at The Fulwood Inn for 4 nights last week, I don't have a bad word to stay about my stay. On arrival, the staff were warm and welcoming and the room was fantastic - especially for the price! The food was excellent and again great value as the whole menu is 2-4-1. The location of this hotel is ideal, as it is far enough out of the city to be pictoresque yet has brilliant transport links into the city centre as it is on two main bus routes. The breakfast - which was included in the price, was too much for anyone to eat at that time in the morning, but it was nice to have the option. During my stay I had a few problems with my car because naively i parked in the bottom carpark and it snowed over night - but all it took was a quick request at the bar and the staff team were ready in the carpark with their wellies and shovels! I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning in the very near future!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2009

26th Dec 2009. Stayed here as it was within walking distance of family we were spending Xmas with. Excellent Xmas deal of £30 per room incl full English breakfast. I don't know how they could make any money out of it. Usual price £70 midweek and £90 at weekends.

We had the bridal suite and the two boys had a double room (no twins left). The bedrooms (rooms 5 & 11) were enormous and looked like they had been refurbished recently so they looked great but some of the fittings looked a bit on the cheap side so I'm not sure how long it will look good for. Really comfortable beds, lovely bed linen and cosy towelling dressing gowns in the bridal suite. Huge plasma TVs in both rooms and tea/coffee making faciltiies.

Only thing we would change in the rooms is to remove the baths and replace them with a shower cubicle or put a fixing on the wall for the shower head that comes out of the bath tub with a proper screen.

Would definitely stay again if they had a special deal on.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Chosen as close for family visit, turned out a good choice. We had a fair size room that turned out to be the smallest! Well fitted en suite, comfy bed with good bedding, even a view. A bit more work with the vaccume would have not gone amiss, room not dirty but dusty in some corners. But overall much better value than the purple people.
Breakfasts big and good, cooked whatever way you wanted. Evening food is not the strong point but OK for a quick bite

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Stayed at this Inn for one night when my partner was in the Thornbury hospital next door. Check in was fine and done at the bar of the pub (inn). There isn't a separate hotel check in. The corridor decoration around the hotel rooms is in need of renovation and it looks a tad 'tired'.

My room had secondarly glazing and the outside windows had been left open, the rain had come in onto the window ledge and the room was very cold (despite it being June!). However, the heating was turned on and it soon warmed up. The room was a good size, as was the bathroom, with all the requisite toiletries needed. There was tea/coffee making in the room and a couple of bottles of water - I thought this was a nice touch. Room and bathroom both clean and tidy with Ikea type furnishings. Breakfast the next day was very good and efficiently served. I think the normal rate for a room is c.£89 - I think this is steep for this budget hotel. I paid £40 for the room, which included breakfast via LateRooms, which I thought was good value for money for a hotel about 3 miles from Sheffield centre (but perfect for my purposes). I would happily use this hotel again should I be in this viciinity.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed at the fulwood inn with my family the breakfast was very good and there was lot to eat, the rooms were clean and very well maintained.
we had most nof our meals in the resterant which was very well priced, and the food was to a very good standard cooked to order and fresh, which is hard to come by in large chains. The fulwood is a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family