“Fancy!”

Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Dublin, Ireland
“Fancy!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have stated at the leopol approx 10 times now and that is for a very good reason. The place is amazing and not like a big chain hotel at all. Exceptionally decorated rooms and great staff make it a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your most recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that you had a great stay and I do hope we get to extend a 'cead mile Failte' to you again soon.
Michael Skehan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When I first visited the Leopold was for my nans 80th birthday. I must say we were both well impressed with the spacious building. The modern collaborated with the old pleasingly. The whole atmosphere of the building was welcoming and the staff were no doubt very pleasant and helpful.
The room we has a large room which was more like an apartment, with a living area on the first floor and the bedroom on the second floor. We had breakfast in the morning and tasty it was. The traditional afternoon tea was sweet. If it was up to me I would have stayed for longer just for the comfort. There is plenty I could say but overall we were both well and truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review following you stay with us. I am delighted that you had a great stay and hopefully next time you will get to stay a little longer.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed last weekend with a party of 8. Staff couldn't have been more helpful, room lovely, (funny shape but it is converted school!) ambiance great. Couldn't fault it. Car park is a bit of a hike and finding the drop-off point given Sheffield's one way systems is a challenge but worth it! Thanks to all the employees who were so pleasant and made our stay so good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Leopold hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed at the Leopold for one night at the weekend and it was lovely. The rooms have been refurbished to a high standard. The bed was huge and the bedding relly good quality. The breakfast was nicely presented and the staff attentive. Only down side was that we could hear the noise from Leopold Square which kept me awake for a while. We were at the side of the building so would recommend that you don't accept a room at the back overlooking the Sqaure.
Would definately stay here again if ever in Sheffield.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at the back overlooking Leopold Square.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank for your review following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Buckinghamshire, England
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed overnight with a friend who was visiting her sister.found the hotel eventually as the entrance is so understated we missed it on the first pass. Reception staff were helpful and polite. We had a mezzanine room which was well appointed and a but different from your run of the mill rooms. It was clean and comfortable.
My only gripe was the lighting. The sensor light comes on in the night if you get up for the toilet which is really infuriating,and woke us both up. Health and safety gone mad again. There are no occasional lamps so it was dark under the stairs and it was not possible to put just the downstairs lights on so when I got up earlier than my friend to read a book the whole room lit up, upstairs and downstairs. Also, vile lighting by the make up/ bathroom mirrors. So apologies Sheffield if we looked like clowns!
It's a good, central location and the hotel is beautifully converted from a school. In the centre is a courtyard with bars and restaurants which we would have explored had we stayed longer.
I would happily go back. And I would try the afternoon tea which looked very nice.

Room Tip: The mezzanine room was worth the extra money
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leopold_Manager, General Manager at Leopold Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback following your recent stay with us at the Leopold Hotel. I am delighted that overall you had a great stay and note your points on the lighting.
Thank you again and I do hope that we get to welcome you back soon.

Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from spending the night at The Leopold. The service we received from every single member of staff was fantastic - would that other hotels had the same standard. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfortable. Despite being in the centre of Sheffield the glazing was such that you were not troubled by any outside noise. An excellent choice for breakfast too. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable and welcoming stay in Sheffield.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and comments following your recent stay with us.i am delighted that you had a great stay with us at the Leopold Hotel and thank you for taking the time to review us. I do hope we get to welcome you back again soon.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had our wedding breakfast at The Leopold Hotel and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The food was outstanding and even my husband couldn't complain (he's a chef and always complains when we eat out) The staff were friendly, smiling and polite and Alistair was particularly brilliant, always on hand but over crowding. Even the young waiting staff were polite and helpful, helping my niece when her son was ill. I can't praise the staff, venue, food and customer service enough and didn't find it expensive either. Thanks to all at The Leopold for helping to make my wedding day the best day ever!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adele F
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent wedding with us. I am delighted that you both a great day with us and that the team looked after you so well. We certainly do hope to see you back at the Leopold Hotel Soon.