“Excellent service”

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Overall good service with outstanding customer services. However parking is not cheap. Close to city center, so getting around us easy. Cannot fault hotel in any way. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am woman professional and had booked my stay at travelodge. I had read previous reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel but was apprehensive. I arrived on Sunday night and got a warm wlecome from a lovely young girl Katheryn. I am suffering from back problem and she was very helpful and helped me to my room with my luggage. Her warm friendly welcome on behalf of hotel staff and service was great. I had booked for whole week and everyday as I came back from work room was clean. I had felt safe and staff were very helpful. I have got work again next week and am booking myself again on same hotel as I was very satisfied. I hope this week they are similar in service and comfort.Food I ate nearly every night in the hotel and was ok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Pr0fessi0nal2014
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had an excellent stay, the room was very clean, spacious, the bed very comfortable, the hotel in general was clean and welcoming. Excellent value for the money and the staff were very helpful. Would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Mid Calder, Scotland
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a modernised, freshly updated Travelodge near the city centre. It is standard Travelodge offering, but stunning value. On site parking for £7.50 for 24 hrs is convenient. Breakfast was fine. Some signs of hard use - broken lift call button and detached toilet seat slightly detracted from what is one of the best Travelodges I have used. £28 was ridiculously good value.

Room Tip: A bit of street noise so go or higher floors if possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grimsby
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a few friends for a night away in Sheffield, The location of the hotel is great with a short walk to every think you need, The hotel is around the back of the market so the noisy is low its like a back street but very safe. The hotel staff was out standing and the quality of the service and the rooms is out standing. The price of the hotel is very cheap as well a great bargain. I will stay at this hotel more if I travel to Sheffield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Langport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

On a positive note the bed was comfortable. However, there was only one towel in the bathroom and no phone for reception. A long trip from the top floor. Breakfast had very little choice and was stone cold. There was no car park, except for a £14 per day multi storey, although a voucher for £7 per day was given.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Services at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
It is great to hear that you found our new ‘Travelodge Dreamer’ bed to be comfortable FriendlyDakota. We are very sorry however that other aspects of your stay were less enjoyable. We would expect all rooms to be set up correctly ready for guests to check in, we would like to apologise that you did not find this to be the case during your stay. Our bar café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard and ensure all breakfast items are readily available for our customers. We will ensure our hotel management team are made aware of your feedback.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Well presented reception, room in excellent clean condition (I understand it has recently been refurbished), brand new specially made mattresses very very comfy. The presentation of the room and bathroom were excellent. The corridors were clean too.

The restaurant was part of the reception and was also in good, clean condition.

The issues I noticed, people have removed the letters on the lift lobby, which makes it look slightly shabby.

The breakfast the toast is very thin bread which you have to feed yourself through a bizarre toaster which doesn't necessarily toast the first, second or third time and if it falls wrong you have to put your hands under this thing to get the bread back.

One of the most bizarre problems was the new units in the bedroom, the tv was fixed to them and fixed right next to the wardrobe as a result if you sit in bed and watch the tv a quarter of the screen is hidden by the wardrobe, obviously it wasn't looked at before all the rooms were refurbished, some of the tv channels had snow.

The windows did not keep out the noise of the traffic going round the Park Square roundabout, in fact I checked the window a few times as I thought I must have not closed it properly luckily I carry earplugs.

Overall these slight issues do not take away this hotel has been refurbished excellently and the money spent on the new mattresses is well worth it and I would recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Park Square if you don't want traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business