“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I had a very pleasant stay at the Sheffield Central Travelodge. The room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was nicely cooked and served in a very relaxed dining area. However, what really made our stay was the very attentive reception staff who did as much as they possibly could to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Yorkshire
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Easy to find and the secure carpark is right next door (at £7.50 the cost is good for the city centre) Reception staff were very nice as were the bar staff. The room was as basic as can be and we were very disappointed when both the double rooms we had booked only had 1 set of towels each - do they not expect both occupants may want a shower, Also no shower gel or shampoo.
If you justwant a bed for the night at a very good rate then the Travelodge is a good option however if you want even the least bit of luxury then my suggestion would be book somewhere else

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review YorkshireBusyBee. We are sorry to learn that your rooms were not set up with the correct number of towels upon your arrival and we’ll be sure to pass on your feedback to the hotel. Unfortunately as part of our brand standard we do not provide toiletries however our customers have the option to purchase toiletries from vending machines at reception should they need to, this allows us to continue to offer great rates in great locations.
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Travelodge Sheffield Central is a Travelodge that is positioned in an area that is close to all amenities, and only a few minutes walk from the centre itself. The staff are friendly and were able to help at any time of the day about any situation. The room was clean, roomy and welcoming. The price, because the room was booked a few days before my trip, was very good value for money considering its location within the city.
If I was required to come to Sheffield again, I would certainly recommend this hotel as my place of stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

London
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I reluctantly booked into this Travelodge as I had read bad reviews about this company. What a surprise I had! I turned up too early to book in and the receptionist gave me the option of either waiting in their reception area (very clean and comfortable I might add) or leaving my case in their care and taking a look around the area. I did the latter. I eventually returned to the hotel and booked in to a room on the first floor.

The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was in really good order and there was plenty of tea and coffee etc. available. Even the TV worked perfectly on all channels.

The bed was very comfortable with the pillows a mix of hard and soft. The room was very quiet.

Breakfast the next morning offered wide variety and again the staff on duty were very pleasant.

All in all I have to say that if this Travelodge is typical of the chain then they have gained a customer in me. I most liked the way that the staff treated all the customers I witnessed them dealing with as valued customers and that is what we all like.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LondonGonefishing
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hotel overall clean and services great. Looking forward to breakfast which turned out to be disappointing as all items were cold even when fresh was brought in.Thought we could have cereal but the two boxes I picked up were out of date so I gave up.The apple juice was tasteless which was a pity. The catch on the bedroom window was faulty and let traffic noise and wind in but nothing was done about it.Thank goodness the heating worked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Cheryll W
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review Cheryll W. Our bar café staff are trained to prepare food to a great standard so it is regrettable to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of the food on this occasion. We are sorry to learn that the window in your room was broken; we would expect all windows to close correctly and to be checked regularly by our hotel staff. We also expect that if any issues are raised during your stay the hotel staff would be able to provide a resolution and provide high levels of service. We will ensure to pass on your feedback to the Hotel Management team which will help support any improvements that need to be made.
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We found this Travelodge to be very convenient for the railway station, town centre and the canal. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. The new bed was very comfortable. In summary, excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for location to Ponds Forge Swimming Pool and City Centre.Parking is right next door adjacent to the hotel and good value for city centre rates. Its easy to find driving in to the City and a short, safe walk across to the pool. Would recommend to anyone using Ponds Forge or city centre.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family