“Sad Decline”
Review of Graves Park

Graves Park
Ranked #4 of 168 things to do in Sheffield
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have been visiting this wonderful park for over 40 years but the last time I walked through I was saddened by the amount of rubbish discarded into and around the landscaped streams. That part of the park looked not far short of a rubbish tip. The farm area is excellent but the rubbish in the other areas needs removing to discourage further dumping.

1  Thank Helen S
There are newer reviews for Graves Park

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I came to graves park on the 10 th of march with my granddaughters we had a lovely day with in the park we came in to the cafe for something to eat I was a little disappointed on entering the cafe it was not very clean at all but my grandchildren was hungry I when to the counter I waiter to be served a man was getting ice creams and I was the next one in line to be served but more customers came they was two staff on a gentleman and a young lady which the gentleman served the other customers I waiter to be served by the young lady but she disappeared in to the back then returns eating something then served another customer to my disgust I left with my grandchildren crying I will return to graves park but will most certainly no give my custom to the cafe packet lunch from how on

4  Thank Mabelhabel
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I love this park for my 7 year old and my dog. There's wide open spaces to run, then there's the farm where you can feed the animals and then there's the large children's play area. Food and drinks at the Rose Garden Cafe and then a walk home through the woods along the winding paths. Always a pleasure when the sun is in the sky!

1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited yesterday with a young lady I support. The staff were brilliant, one got out a chicken for her to stroke and introduced us to the emu's close up! She even gave us a bit of feed to give the sheep...lots of laughs at the sloppy tongues lol. We went for a walk around the park afterwards, very accessible for the wheelchair, apart from a few of the main paths were a bit battered and uneven in places...ok with me pushing but can imagine much harder if self propelling or using an electric chair. We called in the cafe on site which although very large was extremely busy with prams and buggies which made it impossible for us to get to a table with the wheelchair...maybe a pram park is an idea outside? All in all we all had a great morning and will definately be returning! I will be recommending to my friends in Rotherham to get over to visit this great park!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Although feeling rather wind-swept on a winter's day, there can be great views from this hill-top park. Most visitors stick to the fields by the cafe and playground, but you can walk for a few miles around the smaller paths and it is often very quiet. In the winter, a small herd of Highland cattle are always the main attraction for us.

1  Thank Pete M