“Lovely family park”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lovely family park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been here many times with my partner and children and I love it. Its a lovely day out, rain or shine.
Great to see farm animals up close and especially enjoy the babies in the indoor section.

1 Thank Titch91

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cafe Rip Off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited Graves Park today with my 2 year old. Thought i would detour to the cafe and get a packet of crisp for my walk. I was mortified to experience they are selling 25g bags of crisps for 60p that state not to be sold seperatley. I confronted the manager in the cafe who looked at me in disgust and told me they were out of a box. I will not be going back to that park in a rush.

2 Thank Kerry D
Brisbane, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A trip down memory lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband used to visit Graves Park regularly as a child so, on a return visit from Australia, we decided to pay a call. We were not disappointed. The park is very well maintained and, of course, spacious. The boating lake we both remember is no longer operational, but there is now a well-maintained zoo and animal enclosure. There is what appears to be a reasonably new play area with all the expected safety attributes, plus a cafe with ample seating both inside and out. A land train runs around the park. The main attraction for us was the large area of grassed public space - something we are not used to here in Queensland. We visited on a Saturday morning and the park was very well patronised - especially by people walking dogs.

Visited September 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“great for short visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Animal area is great for young kids, ducks, farm animals, highland cattle, donkeys, deer
Great at lambing time, watching eggs and chicks hatch etc. - hand washing facilities great
Little shop in middle of farm sells all sorts including fresh eggs and wooden garden furniture at very reasonable prices
Walk down to the pods and feed ducks then there is a cafe and park play area with great sand pits and swings and slides

Food reasonable and very good menu - cosy inside the cafe in cold wet weather with a small play area for very young children indoors. this is good as long as older children are kept out at busy times or it can get a bit rowdy.

Baby changing and toilets indoors and outdoors

you can even walk from the ponds down by the river to Woodseats

Council controlled parking so remember to pay & display !

Visited September 2013
Sheffield, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A pleasant afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I can't give Graves Park a fullscale review on the basis of one short visit, but we had a very pleasant stroll there a few days ago. It is rated as Sheffield's largest park and one certainly gets the impression of size. We wandered over large stretches of grass and around wooded paths 'all beautifully maintained, Despite the neat and tidy grassland , it didn't feel over-manicured, rather open and relaxed.

We shall be bnack for a much more thorough exploration.