“All you could want from a decent pub”
Review of The Roebuck Tavern

The Roebuck Tavern
Ranked #43 of 130 Nightlife in Sheffield
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We visited Sheffield on a weekend coach tour staying across the road at Jury's Inn. Fancied a bite to eat and some real ale (almost never available in hotels) so popped across the road to The Roebuck. We weren't disappointed. We only had jacket potatoes but they were excellent, service friendly and beer fine. A bonus was the DJ who played a great selection of obscure Northern Soul and Motown. Mixed age clientele friendly too. If I had a pub like this close to me I'd be a regular.

2  Thank Ted109
"toilets"
in 5 reviews
"bowling"

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Bought a voucher from living social which gave us a glass of wine each, a starter and a main course, all from the sunday menu. Phoned up to book but didn't seem to need to as it was pretty quiet. They'd saved us a table but told us to sit anywhere. Wine was decent and the starters (we both had a pint of prawns) were nice. Decent prawns served on a fresh salad.

Both went for the sunday dinner (one chicken, one lamb). Very generous portions and, thankfully, enough gravy! More meat than i was expecting, fresh veg, proper roasteds and proper yorkshire puddings. For a city centre pub and the cheap price (even without the offer, it's cheap) it's good stuff.

Years since i've been in the place, i will go back for another meal.

Reviewed November 12, 2014

I visited the Roebuck over the weekend with my partner and a friend and was pleasantly surprised. Living in London and being used to paying extra for drinks, this place was refreshingly cheap but doesn't sacrifice quality. The staff were friendly and very accommodating despite other awkward customers at the bar who insisted on making a scene and generally being very rude - they remained calm and professional and had a chat with us later as they were closing down for the night. There are two pool tables in the pub which have their own room away from other customers (great as you have your own space to play), the toilets were spotless and the music wasn't too invasive and covered several genres which was welcome as I personally dislike being forced to listen to chart music all night. The outdoor area is very spacious and quite pretty - the only downside was the heat lamp we were sat next to which needed to be turned on again every minute or so. The interior was clean, very stylish and modern but without being so 'fancy' that it alienates new customers. Overall a great experience and I will be returning next time I visit Sheffield.

Reviewed October 18, 2014

Today I called in for a cheeky pint, and ended up ordering a meal for me and my brother after seeing the value 2-4-£10 menu.when it arrived I was amazed at the proportion size and the friendly staff who brought it out to our table.
Also gave cask ales a try in this pub following our meal and it was outstanding!
Good job, will be back.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We decided to pop in to the Roebuck for a quick drink on Saturday afternoon when walking into the City Centre from the train station. We had planned to have lunch at the hotel we were staying at, but when we saw the quality of the food coming out from the kitchen, we decided to eat lunch there. We were not disappointed, all the food is freshly made, with home-made chips to die for. There was a lovely atmosphere that made you want to linger. Everywhere was also very clean, the toilets were spotless and my husband also enjoyed trying the traditional ales on offer. We will definitely be going back, and this will be our place to lunch whenever we are in Sheffield.