“Business Trip to die for”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by the company I work for and they did a great job in finding it!! The staff were excellent, attentive and enthusiastic abiout their jobs. I had the meal deal for the two nights I stayed there and the service was, again, excellent, food was amazing and the staff attentive and even taking time to stop and have a conversation with you, killing time until your meal arrived. The room was exemplary, no damage, clean, well stocked and extremely spacious and comfortable.

I wouldn't hesitate to book into this hotel again as it's location is right in the centre of the town and I enjoyed every minute of my stay here. A credit to the company

Room Tip: Book a room on top floor. The hotel is near a bus station but you can't hear anything up there...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DJPAULYB
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (Angel Street) Hotel

Reviewed May 8, 2013

From first minute to last, it was a pleasure to stay in this hotel. Perfect in every way, and both Natasha and Cara in the restuarant went out of their way to be helpful. Can't wait to come back in 2014!!! Ideally located to the Crucible if you're a Snooker fan like me, this hotel is literally 5 minutes walk from the Crucible. Food in the restuarant was spot on, and well worth every penny, and having booked it a year in advance, I got a great deal! Room was fine, only negative was the lack of channels on the tv, and Sky Sports News is a must! But that being said, it didn't dampen the enjoyment of visiting Sheffield for the first time, and having now stayed at Premier Inn's in Glasgow, Manchester and now Sheffield, I can safely say that the ladies at Angel Street are very easy on the eye, especially the gorgeous young lady on reception! Shame the trip went so quickly but I've already booked this hotel again for next year and I'm counting down the days til I return, THANKS SO MUCH!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2 weekends on the trot to attend swimming galas at Ponds Forge. Normally stay at the Jury's Inn but this was getting too expensive. Was worried that the hotel would be too far out of the centre but needn't have worried venue within walking distance about 15 minutes and the centre nearer. The free parking makes this an easy place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were staying here to visit the Peak district. The hotel is really central for the station and the buses (although that is a little complex in Sheffield). The hotel is a few minutes from Kelham island also where you can find fantastic pubs.

The staff were super friendly on check in and we were greeted every morning (impressive!). Great also that we could leave our bags and we were able to do another full day walk.

The first night the hotel was packed and it was a little noisy on our corridor with a group of young people staying. Any noise in the corridor can be heard so easily. However we did not mind as they were clearly having such a great time and it did stop before 11.

I like that I know what to expect from the room no matter where I am staying in a premier inn. The water cooker is great and I always bring some nice tea bags.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter - there is a very big road at the front
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here because it was close to the Crucible for the snooker. After a couple of times around the block we found the NCP car park, and walked around to the hotel. We found that the distances worked out to be "shorter" than expected. The Crucible was 4 mins away; whereas I had allowed at least 10 mins from looking at the map at home.
Staff were very pleasant, and the room was clean and tidy. Whilst we were looking out onto a block of rooms and the Argos loading bay, this was not a problem, as it was quiet overnight, and we only went to the room to sleep. My wife found the a/c a little noisy; but then she does not like ticking clocks in a bedroom, for they keep her awake!
The breakfast buffet was very good value, and filled us up for our journey home the following day.
I would certainly stay here again for a visit to Sheffield, and it has made me much more favourable to considering Premier Inns around the rest of the country.

Room Tip: Our inward facing room was quiet overnight (for a Thursday).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Premier inn sheffield, i went down for snooker it was a great location and the rooms was nice and clean the staff was very helpful i asked for good places to visit the young lady on reception Samira was very helpful and gave me a map of Sheffield where we could go and visit i think she was amazing will visit again......

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was one of the best places I've stayed! Very clean and the staff are so friendly.the facilities were really good.the coffee was the best coffee I've ever tasted! laura the really beautiful one, she was amazing and friendly. I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012